MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saving Logic Pro 7 Video Audio Files, Urgent advice needed.
Alby
post Tue 2 May 2006, 22:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,213

I have posted the following message to the Digital Buss Logic Pro forum. As I know there are readers of this forum who would know what I'm doing wrong and can offer advice I am posting the same request here.

Hi there!

I would be most grateful for some urgent advice regarding saving video audio files created in Logic Pro 7.

I have a uni assignment which requires me to compose music to a short Thunderbirds video clip. I am using a Yamaha PSR-295 USB keyboard, eMac (OS 10.4.6) and Logic Pro 7.1.1. I am required to submit 3 files: (1) Music sequencer file, (2) MIDI file (format 1) of the soundtrack and (3) audio file of the soundtrack.

The entire sound track should only use sounds from my MIDI sound modules (GM and XGlite). No audio samples are to be used.

My problem is saving my work in a way that retains the sounds I have selected. I spend hours selecting the sounds I want and placing them in sync with the video but when I save my work in any of the available formats and play them different sounds are heard.

I did buy an Mbox last weekend in the hope that this would help. Now awaiting registration so that I can eventually get an update which is compatible with Mac Tiger. I have a guitar lead going from the headphone jack at the back of the keyboard to the Mbox.

I am wondering whether my audio/Midi setup is wrong.

Helpful suggestions would be appreciated as this part of my uni assignment is now overdue.

Many thanks,

A very frustrated Mac/Logic Pro 7 amateur musician.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hahaworld
post Wed 3 May 2006, 06:54
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,728

Those of you who are more expert than I can confirm my suggestion to Alby or refute it. If I'm understanding your problem correctly, I believe this might solve it. I had a similar problem until I discovered this: In the Arrange window, check to see if the PROGRAM box is checked on your MIDI tracks. If it is, uncheck it. This should keep your sound modules from changing the sounds on your channels whenever you open your songs.

Please forgive my un-technical language. If anyone else can offer any help, please be my guest. I hope I was able to help, Alby.

hahaworld
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 05:57
- © MacMusic 1997-2008