MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sampling Help Needed, fairly new to sampling, but not loops
Loki_malito
post Sun 7 Aug 2005, 11:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,169

Hey guys I need some serious help. Heres my prob. I want to start sampling anything and everything that I want from records...you know LP's, to finger snaps, to guitar lines, to record hiss. I have Reason, Live, and Mach Five, but my main rig is a Digi 002 run through a Dual 1.8 Powermac G5. I've used FL on a PC and I have come to enjoy the "extras" in the form of filters, FX, timestretching, and even the Stereo loops. I am tired of using everyone elses samples. I want to sample everything myself, I just don't know what I need and how to go about it....I also have mics(AT3035, SM57, MXL 990..etc), a pre-amp (Presonus MP-20), as well as amps, and guitars/basses, and some drums. I really want to be able to keep the warmth of the sound but transfer it to digital so I can loop it. I know I can do it using PT but I would rather get a nice sampler so I can tweek to my hearts content then drop it into one of my sequencers. So I have about $600 to spend what is the best set-up I can get/need? Your help is always appreciated!

Thanks!
ANDY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wonderlandaudio
post Mon 8 Aug 2005, 06:32
Post #2

Member No.: 68,551

Go to Ebay and get an Emulator E4XT Turbo, better with the DSP card inside. Nothing compares and, for the money, they´re nuts. And, of course, a good phono preamp makes all the diference.

This post has been edited by wonderlandaudio: Mon 8 Aug 2005, 06:34

+Quote Post
ben1969
post Mon 8 Aug 2005, 19:29
Post #3

Member No.: 6,207

I use emu6400 ultra outboard sampler with a scis interface conneted to my mac running peak 3 for extra editing and proccesing.....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 02:56
- © 440 Forums 2011