MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Background Vocal Software, Suggestions Please!
smokinshaman
post Fri 9 Jul 2004, 20:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,056

I am looking for software/plugin that will allow me to create background vocals. Specifically, I am looking for a large choir that can back my lead vocals. I would like the software to be able to take my vocal line and manipulate it to sound like multiple voices, both male and female.

Any Suggestions?

BTW - I use DP4 with an 828mkII on a 12" G4 powerbook.

Thanks in advance, smile.gif

KC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eric_berlin
post Sat 10 Jul 2004, 15:27
Post #2

Member No.: 45,792

check www.celemony.com
melodyne is becoming an industry standart for all kind of vocal manipulation
eric

+Quote Post
smokinshaman
post Sat 10 Jul 2004, 19:27
Post #3

Member No.: 34,056

Thanks eric_berlin,

i checked out their demo vid...WOW! That software seems quite amazing in manipulating audio waves, especially vocals. Right now it is a little rich for my blood, though appears worth the money spent.

Looks like I have yet another piece of gear that I'll be saving my pennies for. Don't tell my wife biggrin.gif

Take it easy,

KC

+Quote Post
eric_berlin
post Sat 10 Jul 2004, 19:52
Post #4

you may already have noticed:
"Melodyne is available in two versions: cre8 and Studio Edition. Both offer the same tools and the same sound quality. While Melodyne cre8 is intended to be used in project and home studios, the 'Studio Edition' is designed more for pro audio applications.
The differences are: Melodyne cre8 allows you to edit 8 tracks simultaneously and supports files up to 48 kHz and 24 bits. Melodyne Studio Edition can load and edit a virtually unlimited number of tracks and supports up to 32-bit resolution and sample rates as high as 192 kHz"
cre8 is of course lower in price...
anyway, I won't tell your wife... or may be I should and promise you'll manipule her voice... I did it with my girlfriend... making crasy tracks with it... since, she asks every day for the update with new features... huh.gif
good luck
eric

+Quote Post
intunetown
post Tue 24 Aug 2004, 03:25
Post #5

Member No.: 40,242

Melodyne is awesome, but it's really not made for what you're trying to do. What Melodyne does is manipulate sound faithfully - in moving pitch, time and formant. It's really not made for choir type duplications.
TC Electronics has a number of devices that will work much better for you. Voiceworks and voice live in particular. You can stack four voices at once and it adds tiny variations so that there are no phasing problems like you would have with exact duplicates. You can change the pitch a number of ways. For example you can have it follow your voice with a perfect third or you can give it the key you're singing in and it will follow that scale, or you can play notes on a midi instrument and it will follow that. It's a much much easier way to get what you're trying to accomplish. The quality is good, although not as good as Melodyne. But Melodyne would just give you exact copies without any of the variations that are really important in harmony.

+Quote Post
eric_berlin
post Tue 24 Aug 2004, 11:12
Post #6

QUOTE (intunetown @ Aug 24 2004, 02:25)
Melodyne is awesome, but it's really not made for what you're trying to do. What Melodyne does is manipulate sound faithfully - in moving pitch, time and formant. It's really not made for choir type duplications.
TC Electronics has a number of devices that will work much better for you. Voiceworks and voice live in particular. You can stack four voices at once and it adds tiny variations so that there are no phasing problems like you would have with exact duplicates. You can change the pitch a number of ways. For example you can have it follow your voice with a perfect third or you can give it the key you're singing in and it will follow that scale, or you can play notes on a midi instrument and it will follow that. It's a much much easier way to get what you're trying to accomplish. The quality is good, although not as good as Melodyne. But Melodyne would just give you exact copies without any of the variations that are really important in harmony.

are you kiding or working for tc?
man... I love tc and their voiceworks so I understand your enthousiam.
but melodyne give much more freedom and you can write any harmony and voice variations you want for your background vocals with it. takes a few minutes. sound quality is as you said much better than the tc stuff.
anyway... melodyne has a demo version so it's simple to try it out.
tc has no demo version for the hardware stuff :/

+Quote Post
Mu Technologies
post Wed 29 Aug 2007, 23:25
Post #7

Member No.: 94,200

I've just anounced en new harmonizer plug-in, you might want to check out.
www.mu-technologies.com
Let me know what you think.

+Quote Post
hanuman
post Thu 30 Aug 2007, 06:50
Post #8

Member No.: 81,424

I'm sorry but that interface looks not so nice. As it is a pre-release you might want to look into that.

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Thu 30 Aug 2007, 06:58
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 76,633

Dear MU Technologies, I'll tell you what I think...

"It was a waste of time, especially since it is not available for Macintosh and this is a Mac Forum, Mac, Hint, hint"... Perhaps I did something wrong??? Don't care, not going back... I did Register for the iLok, however, there seems to be some costs involved, again, I did not venture into the "Web"... "You can get caught by spiders"!!!

On the other hand this "New Harmonizer" looks interesting. But, unable to listen. Has it been submited to Sound On Sound for Testing and Review? I only buy what they try...

BTW Has the Bundle Offered in 440 Forum been tested by Sound On Sound? They'll do it for free. I don't buy without their approval.

+Quote Post
redstrype
post Fri 31 Aug 2007, 00:36
Post #10

Rookie

Member No.: 79,359

Hey Eric,
I have a melodyne question for you. what's the main difference between Melodyne Plugin and Melodyne Cre8?I've been messing around with the demo and noticed a few things, are you able to copy a sequence of notes and drag them to a different octave in the plugin version to achieve a choir effect?
Or is that the main difference?

Thinking about purchasing and any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Strype

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 20:34
- © MacMusic 1997-2008