MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Question Re: Sequencing & Sample Librraion/editing Software, Need assistance in moving to the Mac...
pmboos
post Fri 15 Feb 2008, 19:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,848

Hi all,

I am a longtime Amiga user rolleyes.gif I have been using a Mac for over a year (oS 10.4 is my current version) on a G4 iMac. I am interested in moving the last important component over from Amiga to the Mac and that is music...

On the Amiga, I use two important software packages and I am interested in finding compatible software for these: Blue Ribbon Soundworks Bars & Pipes Pro and Dissidents MIDI Sample Wrench. A little about these as I am uncertain if people know anything about them.

Bars & Pipes Pro is a sequencing package that also has some really cool features: It can virtually add one channel to another, it can take an incoming chord and make it into a "strummed" guitar like chord, it can add a delay or echo entirely as MIDI data, and a whole host of other interesting and useful features too numerous to list here.

MIDI Sample Wrench is a sample editing and librarian package; most importantly it works with my Akai S612 samplers (I have 2).

So I interested in 1) finding recommendations for replacement packages - they need to hold parity to these packages and 2) finding a good, inexpensive MIDI interface for the Mac.

Thanks all for your help min advance!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DANO10
post Mon 18 Feb 2008, 01:04
Post #2

Member No.: 6,512

Hello pmboos,

Take a look at Audio Finder at icedaudio.com/ You can download it for free to see if it's what your looking for.

Dano10 wink.gif

+Quote Post
pmboos
post Mon 18 Feb 2008, 16:46
Post #3

Member No.: 98,848

QUOTE (DANO10 @ Sun 17 Feb 2008, 19:04) *
Hello pmboos,

Take a look at Audio Finder at icedaudio.com/ You can download it for free to see if it's what your looking for.

Dano10 wink.gif

Thanks again - it has all the features except perhaps being able to go in and out of my S612. I found a library that allows one to do SYSEX sample dumps from the S612, so I think I just need to find a package like that taht supports an API that I could integrate the two together (the library with the audio editor/librarian).

Cheers!
Paul

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 08:22
- © MacMusic 1997-2008