MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Mbox & Garage Band 4.1.1 With Leopard, Core Midi Server. Framwork folder popoing up & no Midi
Cdunn007
post Tue 8 Jan 2008, 05:48
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 97,860

Help. I upgraded to Leopard and I can not get my MBox II or Garage Band to work correctly. Garage band will not play midi files from my G5 and shows a pop up window 5-6 times saying "GB has detedted a possible conflict between one or more third party MIDI or Audio drivers" . After that every 10 seconds a folder pops up in my dock that says COREMIDISERVER.Framework and then disappears. It only stops after I restart. My MBox II does not have a compatible driver yet from what DigiDesigns web said.

Thanks Chris
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cdunn007
post Wed 9 Jan 2008, 06:32
Post #2

Member No.: 97,860

Thanks for the response. Any ideas on the MIDI problems on G-Band. It wont play midi files or boot up without a fight. Some kinda MIDI Core AUdio Problem. Chris

+Quote Post
coburnm
post Mon 14 Jan 2008, 15:40
Post #3

Member No.: 97,741

QUOTE (Cdunn007 @ Wed 9 Jan 2008, 00:32) *
Thanks for the response. Any ideas on the MIDI problems on G-Band. It wont play midi files or boot up without a fight. Some kinda MIDI Core AUdio Problem. Chris

First, make sure to run Apple Software Update to be sure you have the absolute latest version of GarageBand. After that I would say continue to watch the authors websites for driver updates (your third party MIDI stuff). Unfortunately a lot of companies have been lagging behind in support. I'm sort of getting back in to the DAW recording myself after a couple of years of being unsatisfied with my Pro Tools/MBox 1 set up on Windows XP. You can imagine the issues I had. I'm now using Logic 8 on a 2.2GHz MacBook with 2G RAM and it flys!

I personally haven't done much work with MIDI outside of using my Axiom 25 to play VI's inside of GarageBand and Logic, so I'm sorry i can't help you much here. Just starting to scratch the surface with it, but I hope to learn more as the days and weeks pass by. Best of luck to you in the mean time!

-Mike

This post has been edited by coburnm: Mon 14 Jan 2008, 15:41

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 22:24
- © MacMusic 1997-2008