MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cubase Sx, Tiger, Mac Security Updates!, Problems ?
manso
post Sun 30 Oct 2005, 13:22
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,633

Anyone is using cubase on tiger?
problems on updating?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
djian
post Sun 30 Oct 2005, 21:24
Post #2

Member No.: 71,902

Hey,
Well what a frustrating 2 weeks!

I've just updated to tiger on my G5 and updated to the last update of cubase sx2.
Only to find that ny waves renaissance plugs graphics dont work and most of the cubase built in fx (Double delay, Distortion...well most of them) no longer work whatsoever!
Waves tell me renaissance plugs have problems due to mac's os x tiger security upgrade!
Does anybody have the same problem as me here? or have any solutions?

Im the meanwhile i just ordered the SX3 update which should reach me this week!
Does anybody know if the above plugs problems still occur with sx 3?

Also as a side note does anybody feel mac are really on the tracks to creating a music software monopoly?
I personally dont like logic, would never switch (but i respect that all music software users are different)...but Im feeling cubase is really loosing its way on the mac platform!
The customer support has really gone down hill...I sent them a support question almost a week ago about the above problem! still waiting for a reply!

Cheers
Ian

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Mon 31 Oct 2005, 18:50
Post #3

Maniac Member

Member No.: 2,002

Monopoly? No to many PC users out there. Apple does offer a native alternative to Avid/Protools for professionals.

As far as Steinberg is concerned I will never put any of their products on my Macs.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Mon 31 Oct 2005, 20:33
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

There's 10.4.3 under beta for weeks now, it should correct lot's of bugs, myself I think the bad move was to move to Tiger before it reaches .3 or .4. Panther behaves more reasonably and can still be installed on supposed tiger only macs wink.gif (can't tell for the PCIe models just out though)

djian, have you tried to uninstall completely the plug-ins then reinstall them? Also, did the editors said the problem was general or only for some users? unsure.gif

A solution would be to reverse to tiger and manually install updates forsaking the security update. Long, tiring and boring, as Apple does not provide uninstallers… blink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Tue 1 Nov 2005, 17:17
Post #5

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

As the only intelligent momentary solution is to "downdate" the OS and it's a heavy process, you can try the 10.4.3 update, it won't be worse than it is already unsure.gif

And we'd know if it solves the problem.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
flamencopilot
post Thu 3 Nov 2005, 09:46
Post #6

Member No.: 47,559

just updated to 10.4.3 and cubase seems to work fine. plugins load, MIDI works, audio files play, firebox connectivity good. GUI OK, though I had a problem when I attached my cinema display to the new G5 I just got...Many of the GUI's in Cubase were blank. Called US support and guy asked me how many pixels the display was set for and I said thousands....he said it needs to be changed to millions. Did so and GUI worked.

+Quote Post
Dan Peguine
post Wed 1 Mar 2006, 03:35
Post #7

Member No.: 77,545

Hello!!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 5 May 2024, 10:03
- © MacMusic 1997-2008