MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Using Apogee With An Avr
aldrahn
post Wed 14 May 2008, 15:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,043

im planning onbuilding my first daw
an imac 2.4ghz and adding 2gb of crucial memory
and logic 8 for 900 pounds
an external harddrive for 65 pounds
then adding an apogee duet for 330 pounds

i have a harmon kardon reciever and acosutic energy evo 5.1 speakers which cos a fair bit so im hoping i can implement my home cinema with making music on my mac

i dont plan on using many outside instruments such as guitar or recording vocals for the music i intend to make

the i mac has an optical output/input than i can connect to my avr
but im curious if that negates with apogee

can i use both at the same time, ie be in logic creating tunes with the added sound of the apogee coming through my avr systems speakers

or would it make more sense to get a firewire audio interface wih its own optical inputs, ie a 130 pounds cheaper presonus firebox

thanks if anyone can help

This post has been edited by aldrahn: Wed 14 May 2008, 15:31
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mac Daddy
post Fri 16 May 2008, 11:49
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,633

Monitors/Head Phones

Especially 'Newbies'....

You must get the best Head Phones and Monitors (Audio) you CAN'T afford. If there is one thing I know this is it... Buy only Middle to Professional... Start with Good Head Phones... You don't want anyone hearing your first few months of 'Messy Mixes' anyway... Go "Inner Grasshopper"... Once you have lifted your Learning Curve and Mixing Skills you will have been able to afford some Industry Standard Monitors, how will you be able to afford them??? You will no longer be going out to Clubs and Pubs... You will be Home creating, mixing and fixing for a long time to come. You do not want to end up with Gear that is not "Great", this way after a year or two you decide this music thang ain't for you, you can at least sell good gear and get a return for the money you paid. You can't do it with Entry Level Gear, unless you rip off some unsuspecting star eyed wannabee musician, who will make bad gear choices... Do do it, just give the crap gear away... It will never make it on Stage but could help a kid who is willing but unable...

In closing... You can actually buy an "Inexpensive" pair of small monitors that will eventually be used as your "Cheap Ones"... They will be sitting tiny next to the mountain of "Please Close The Control Room Door Monitors". Your ears and what happens when your music reaches them is the only second to creating it.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 17:08
- © MacMusic 1997-2008