MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Compressor On An Aux Bus?, Can it take handle multiple sources?
davidmacneill
post Mon 19 Apr 2004, 23:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,969

Being new to virtual effects, I'm wondering if I can bus multiple vocal and guitar tracks through DP4's plug-in compressor, bringing it back into an aux track. Will the compressor handle multiple signals simultaneously, or am I stuck with creating a separate instance of the compressor for each audio track I need to compress? I'm trying to save CPU cycles, as I have successfully done with my reverbs and delay plug-ins.

- David MacNeill
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ghess
post Tue 20 Apr 2004, 13:25
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 6,442

David,

You should use the compressor as an insert either on individual tracks or on the master fader. If you use an aux bus, you will be mixing the compressed signal on the aux with the uncompressed signal from the original track. This defeats the purpose of compressing it in the first place. You want to compress the entire signal.

ghess

+Quote Post
ADRIANF
post Sun 9 May 2004, 22:41
Post #3

Member No.: 32,399

Hi David,
compressors are fine with mutliple inputs - it's great for getting the sounds to 'sit' together.
there should be no problem sending the signal to an aux bus. you can either send then whole signal or part of it. it is an audio technique to send some of a signal to a compressor.
as per overloading the compressor - you will have to keep an eye on the levels as it is possible to overload it, especially with multi inputs.
cheers
adrian

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 20 Sep 2024, 21:34
- © MacMusic 1997-2008