MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wave Editor Help Please
famid
post Thu 12 Aug 2004, 21:24
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,576

Does anyone know about any free wave editors out there for mac. I'm trying to take a snippet from a song and loop it on reason, but i don't know how to cut the snippet out and what file format and software i can use. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PlatinumGold
post Thu 12 Aug 2004, 21:57
Post #2

Member No.: 48,501

go grab peak wicked program made by bias, highlight, copy and paste that part you need.

+Quote Post
arvidtp
post Thu 12 Aug 2004, 23:54
Post #3

Member No.: 12,850

Here is a page I have written on free mac music software.

http://arvidtp.net/Guide.html

Should help. You'll find what you seek at the top o' the list.

p.s. and I would use AIFF format - it's the standard uncompressed format on macs.

This post has been edited by arvidtp: Fri 13 Aug 2004, 00:05

--------------------
-Arvid •• Squish the Squid Productions, Modest Machine

•• digitally augmented trumpet, TOOB, flugelhorn, cracklebox, percussicube, no-input-mixers and Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz 15", MacOS 10.5, MOTU Ultralite, Logic Studio 9, MaxMSP 5, JackOSX ••
•• Electronic-experimental, jazz, digital instrument design, electronics, unique software and performance.••

+Quote Post
Zoolok
post Fri 13 Aug 2004, 08:50
Post #4

Member No.: 48,386

I use Peak Express, but that's only 'cos I bought Toast with Jam ... it comes with it. I hear good things about Audacity - and that IS free. I have also tried Amadeus and SoundStudio; both OK, but crippled after a while until you pay the (reasonable) shareware fees. Having said that apparently some of the newer iMacs/eMacs are sent with SoundStudio on them (mine is too old for that - I've had it nearly a year!)

BTW If it's for Reason work I suggest going for the free option; then you can save up for ReCycle. This chops the loops for you so that you can change tempo/pitch without altering the other.

+Quote Post
pdgood
post Fri 13 Aug 2004, 18:42
Post #5

Rookie

Member No.: 34,758

Amadeus by Martin Hairer is in incredible wave form editor. It is shareware so you could use it initially for free. I found myself using it so much that I bought it -$25 approximately. Since that time I've received at least 6 free upgrades - including the upgrade from OS9 to OSX. Pretty impressive.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 23:22
- © MacMusic 1997-2008