MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Microphone For Recording Vocals?, hip-hop style
taco6
post Mon 8 Jul 2002, 01:17
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,766

What microphone would you buy for recording hip-hop vocals if you could only spend $100.00 and you didn't want a Shure SM-57/SM-58? Plus, it has to be a mic that can be handheld.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lepetitmartien
post Wed 17 Jul 2002, 23:28
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

And Rode wise… I love the NT1 better than the NT2, but it's for my voice only… (bass baryton)

The SM family (funny smile.gif is praised by rappers because they can be beaten and still work, useful for guys moving a lot. An accident is easy to take place.

It depends of so many things…

Maybe you can find a rode 2nd hand, usually they are 150$ 2nd hand. Check them thoroughly before buying. Mics are little thing that need close care… and people can be so bad with them.

(I saw GOD -U47- a month ago… I am a believer now wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Seth2Rollins
post Sat 13 Oct 2018, 17:55
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 126,020

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Thu 18 Jul 2002, 00:28) *
And Rode wise… I love the NT1 better than the NT2, but it's for my voice only… (bass baryton)

The SM family (funny smile.gif is praised by rappers because they can be beaten and still work, useful for guys moving a lot. An accident is easy to take place.

It depends of so many things…

Maybe you can find a rode 2nd hand, usually they are 150$ 2nd hand. Check them thoroughly before buying. Mics are little thing that need close care… and people can be so bad with them.

(I saw GOD -U47- a month ago… I am a believer now wink.gif

Thanks for the post, the bottom line is that a valve mic will give that classic old school sound that we all know so well, if it 'aint broke' don't fix it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 19:04
- © 440 Forums 2011