MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dynaudio Active, New Range
leegrainge
post Mon 12 Feb 2007, 19:46
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 83,805

There are 3 new Dynaudio speakers coming out

BM6a MK II
BM10a
BM12a

I've read a bit about them but no-one seems to have heard them.

Anyone?

I'm asking as I want to update my actives that I have now.

Also I will get a sub. I've looked at them also but what's the best one for the BM6a range?

cheers.

Lee
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Tue 13 Feb 2007, 19:26
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

I don't know about the mk2 version, but if they are similar in output to the BM6a mk1, you don't really need the sub save to impress clients or in surround. wink.gif especially in a small room.

Once I'm up and running (had 2 domestic accident one after the other, and recovering) I'll check the mk2. In a few days I'll can check my email, maybe there's some PR inside.

I've quickly checked on Dynaudio website, they have not changed a lot of things. It's really mk2: expanded version.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
leegrainge
post Wed 14 Feb 2007, 21:50
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 83,805

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Tue 13 Feb 2007, 20:26) *
I don't know about the mk2 version, but if they are similar in output to the BM6a mk1, you don't really need the sub save to impress clients or in surround. wink.gif especially in a small room.

Once I'm up and running (had 2 domestic accident one after the other, and recovering) I'll check the mk2. In a few days I'll can check my email, maybe there's some PR inside.

I've quickly checked on Dynaudio website, they have not changed a lot of things. It's really mk2: expanded version.

hey, thanks for your reply!

I saw a NAMM interview about them today - think link is at dynaudio's site. --- They look more like Mission Pro's than Dyn's - It's not the look though is it it's their functionality.

I think I'll go for the bm6a MK II - I was thinking about the BM10a but for the slight difference in a tight space. hmm, Your right about the sub. for now... I'll up the system as and when I can.

Can you advise me a little please? I want to get rid of the noise I get through my current actives or future one's. If I use my MBOX I don't get the buzzing. I do the other way, connected to a mixing desk (Mackie 1202-VLZ pro)I s there a condensor or signal router that can dispurse most of the noise. - I do also aim to upgrade to a Tascam or Mackie digital but for the time being...

cheers!

Lee

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 15 Feb 2007, 03:10
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

this is a totally different problem, explain it thoroughly in another thread. I'm injured at the moment (rather badly) I'll get at it when I can, I have troubles to type. (a copy/past with editing will do wink.gif

As for the BM6a, try it first without the sub, I'm almost sure it'll be right this way if they have the same caracter. the dynaudios are amongst my top list (with ADAM -mhmmmmmmmm-, Mackie, FAR and Focal).

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
eaks
post Wed 20 Feb 2008, 16:03
Post #5

Group: Validating
Member No.: 22,521

Appart from running my studio, I work 10 hours a week at a music store. We sell Dynaudio's and currently have the bm5a, bm6a, bm6a mkII and bm12a.

Apparently the bm6a mkI sound fuller and better than the mkII (even though mkII sound real good...) I guess that also explains why they're priced as high as the bm12a.

As to why Dynaudio would make lesser sounding monitors...I'm lost here.

A year later, did you guys finally made the test? and if so, what are yr opinions?

On another hand, I was wondering if you guys could help me in the choice between bm15a or bm15 with a separate high grade power amp. I think I would pay way less with the second option but I never heard bm15, only the bm15a, and my boss is very unlikely to order passive mons...

any opinions?

thanks!

--------------------
you wish!!!!

+Quote Post
emgcarra
post Thu 21 Feb 2008, 15:31
Post #6

Member No.: 65,694

Well, Dynaudio is one of the best brands around, monitor wise...So, go with your heart, or better, with your ears..!
Regarding politics, I can tell you that I used and trusted a pair of KRK 6000 for almost 11 years, untill I blowed them up accidentally, so I went for parts to repair them...No way, they don´t do that anymore, Then I decided to switch to a new horizon so I went for the brand new VTX6....They look great !! But I´ve been spending a lot of time trying to adjust the sound to my needs, or should I say to my ears...succesfully adapted to that other sound...it is not an easy trick.
I guess they are forced to do changes because of the market, instead of making improvements because of the advances in technology and so on...
Well, there you have my two cents...
rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
DANO10
post Thu 21 Feb 2008, 23:04
Post #7

Member No.: 6,512

Hello eaks,

I'm using a pair of BM15's powered by a Yamaha P 3500S with an Apogee Ensemble front end. The Yamaha may seem like an odd choice but, it beat my Hafler Transnova 4000. This setup would save you more than $500. over the BM15a's. I've worked in a lot of Studios here in L.A. and heard all kinds of systems,
This system is as good as I've ever heard. There are many choices. This is just my opinion.

Dano10 smile.gif

+Quote Post
eaks
post Sun 24 Feb 2008, 21:22
Post #8

Group: Validating
Member No.: 22,521

Hey DANO10!

Thanks a lot for your input!

I remember that someone on this forum, a few years ago, told the same thing to somebody else. So as far as I'm concerned, now that I'm on the market for a pair, it seems more and more that I'll go for bm15 with a separate amp.

...And yes your amp of choice seems odd but I guess that our ears always have the last word smile.gif

Plus it remains a Yamaha, it's not like you've said behringer...hehe!

Thanks again!

--------------------
you wish!!!!

+Quote Post
DANO10
post Mon 25 Feb 2008, 18:42
Post #9

Member No.: 6,512

Thanks eaks,
Glad I could help. Any of the high quality amps will do. However, I was completely knocked out by the Yamaha.

DANO10 cool.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 20:59
- © 440 Forums 2011