MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pro Tools And Logic Pro 8, Some questions
csoste
post Tue 8 Jan 2008, 08:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 93,568

Hi.
Since I have never used Pro Tools before I have some questions about it. First of all, does anyone know of a reputable website where I can buy the standard Pro Tools program that I have head of which costs approximately $1,000? I ask this because every time that I look up Pro Tools on webistes where it says that I can purchase it the only things that are available to buy are plugins or accessories for it, but never the actual Pro Tools software itself. Secondly, after I buy Pro Tools and since I don't have a full home studio set up yet, is there a mixer or other specific accessories that I should purchase along with it, which might allow me to make some broadcast quality recordings(i.e. recordings that can be played on the radio, put on the internet, placed in films or on televsion shows.). Thirdly, when one purchases Pro Tools is there a comprehensive guide or website devoted to teaching one how to use it?
Finally, has anyone out there used Logic Pro 8? How is it compared to Pro Tools? Is it better or worse? Should one purchase that instead of Pro Tools?
If someone out there could answer my questions I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.
All the best,
CSoste
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Tue 8 Jan 2008, 19:18
Post #2

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,002

Pro Tools software is only available in combination with a Digidesign audio interface. If the interface is not present, the software will not boot.

Don't mistake PTLE for the professional PT|HD systems. ( start at about $8,000).

PTLE is limited to 32 audio tracks, You can bump that up to 48 tracks by adding the Music Production Toolkit $495, or the DV toolkit $1295.

PTLE is great at audio editing and recording of bands. Midi features are slim when compared to other sequencers.

Logic is more of a composition tool with great recording features. Logic is a deeper wider app that includes world class effects and instruments.

I take my audio produced in Logic to PT|HD studios for a better selection of mics, and the accoustic space.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 14:12
- © MacMusic 1997-2008