MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tascam M-2600 Mkii
abelsna
post Mon 10 Sep 2007, 20:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,308

Does anybody remember this 10 year old model from tascam? I'm currently thinking of buying one, but the guy who's selling it does'nt know anything about it.

As I recall it had tape in on every channel and something called group out, but is the group out just a direct out (maybe even with a fader/gaincontrol)from each channel allowing me to hook it up to my tape machine or RME pre+converter?

Any usefull info would be nice. Thanks.

Best regards
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Tue 11 Sep 2007, 15:36
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 76,633

abelsna,

The Tascam M-2600 MK-II is a beautiful Recording Console. You're one lucky person depending on several factors. Can you ask the seller to send the Tascam M-2600 MkII to Tascam for Service? You can arrange to pay for everything once you hear from Tascam. If the Console is in working order you will get an Official Report which will cover the Tascam M-2600 MkII for 'X' amount of time.

"If" the unit is working, the price is right and it's not "stolen" property you have a real winner on your hands. Tascam is a great company and much reseach and development goes into their products. Most companies followed and copied Tascam's Leadership. I would love to have the any of the MKII Consoles. How much is the seller asking? Most important, does "Everything Work". Good luck. Great Recording Console...

Are you getting the 16, 24 or 32 channel configuration? Does it come with a Meter Bridge?

I got the following from Harmony Central "Suggested retail prices are, $3,199.00 for the M2600 MKII / 16, and the optional Meter Bridge is $849.00, $3,999.00 for the M2600 MKII /24 and the optional Meter Bridge is $999.00, and $4,999.00 for the M2600 MKII / 32 and the optional Meter Bridge is $1,199.00. These new M2600 MKII consoles are the perfect compliment to today's new generation of digital recorders".

+Quote Post
Top of
post Tue 11 Sep 2007, 15:50
Post #3

Member No.: 66,796

http://www.sweetwater.com/publications/swe...lidaySN_03.html

+Quote Post
abelsna
post Thu 13 Sep 2007, 18:13
Post #4

Hey Mac Daddy

Thanks for the reply. Its the 32-channel with meter bridge. My consern is whether the group out is a direct out on every channel and if it is, is there a seperate gain/volume control for this output? or is it like on behringer where the signal goes through the whole channel-path and the output level is controlled by the fader? Or to phrase it differently; is it a true in-line console? I have a Tascam MS-16 and a protools system that i use and it would be neat if i could use 16 channels for each of the two systems.

It looks to be in good shape, but i havent tried all pots and faders yet. He is asking about 1000 punds.

Best regards

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Fri 14 Sep 2007, 11:37
Post #5

Advanced Member

abelsna,

You can get a PDF from Tascam to answer all your questions... BTW, a 1000 Pounds is a great price, especially with the Meter Bridge, if, if, if, EVERYTHING is working, the only way to find out for certain is with Tascam Service... "Some guys have all the luck"... 1000 Pounds!!!

Peace

+Quote Post
Jim Hoyland
post Fri 14 Sep 2007, 12:49
Post #6

Member No.: 81,499

I haven't used this console, but from a quick glance at the literature it would seem that there is a direct out on every channel which is post gain but pre-eq and insert.

There are 8 group outs, to which any channel can be assigned using busses and pan controls - these can therefore be used to track 8 individual channels post-eq and insert, or indeed any number of channels that are bussed to a particular group.

The level at the group output will therefore be set by the individual channel and the level of the group fader.

There are also insert points for each group.

As a true "in-line" console, its probably best to describe this desk as 32-8-32.

Hope this helps!

This post has been edited by Jim Hoyland: Fri 14 Sep 2007, 12:51

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios

+Quote Post
Top of
post Fri 14 Sep 2007, 16:55
Post #7

Member No.: 66,796

Hi, Have a read of this, I used one of these consoles in May this year and it was really quite good, the MkII, I can only assume is better.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1994_artic....html?print=yes

Best of luck

+Quote Post
Rhsilverberg
post Fri 14 Sep 2007, 17:56
Post #8

Member No.: 90,149

QUOTE (abelsna @ Thu 13 Sep 2007, 13:13) *
Hey Mac Daddy

Thanks for the reply. Its the 32-channel with meter bridge. My consern is whether the group out is a direct out on every channel and if it is, is there a seperate gain/volume control for this output? or is it like on behringer where the signal goes through the whole channel-path and the output level is controlled by the fader? Or to phrase it differently; is it a true in-line console? I have a Tascam MS-16 and a protools system that i use and it would be neat if i could use 16 channels for each of the two systems.

It looks to be in good shape, but i havent tried all pots and faders yet. He is asking about 1000 punds.

Just did the currency conversion math and IF everything works, this is on hell of a deal. Read through the literature links and it seems that this desk gives you the best of both the "true in-line" worlds and the flexiblity to go "pre-fader" on certain busses that you have complete control over their assignability.

The fairly modest Eurodesk Behringer board I use can be user modded to switch all the sends to post-fader. But I never needed to do that in my rig.

Good luck!

+Quote Post
abelsna
post Fri 14 Sep 2007, 20:59
Post #9

Mac Daddy; you mentioned e PDF from tascam. Can i just contact them via their website and they then send me one, or how does that work?

It certainly sound like its a good deal, if everything works.....

Best regards

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Sat 15 Sep 2007, 04:54
Post #10

Advanced Member

abelsna,
Tascam's website will have the PDF, they are free and just a "Click" away. Please keep us informed as to what develops with this deal... A thousand pounds is a great deal if everything is working... Even if it's not all working!!!!

Be sharp, don't Bb...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 12:34
- © 440 Forums 2011