MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ns10s ....do They Just Look Good?, ..not enough bass.......
damann
post Tue 3 Sep 2002, 20:22
Post #11

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,044

there's truth in what you say synthetik.
i used the damn things for years, and always said exactly the same as you. smile.gif
but these days i like to use a monitoring setup that actually gives me accurate information about what i'm doing, and my mixes sound great for it.
a friend brought a finished mix he'd done on ns10s into my studio to check it out LOUD on my krk's, there was a 30hz rumble all the way through the mix that he hadn't even heard on the '10s! laugh.gif
finally, sorry, but mixing on '10s is no guarantee that your mix will sound "the way it did when you mixed it" after taking it out of the mixing environment. wink.gif.
the best way to achieve this is to regularly turn the volume down way low during the mixing process. '10s are so hard in the midrange that prolonged listening to them will mess your ears up to the point that your mix can suffer.
sorry to go on...peace, later.

--------------------
one for all and all for one...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Teiwaz
post Sat 16 Nov 2002, 22:26
Post #12

Member No.: 8,882

In the studio I'm using krk 7000b's along with a bryston 4bst (that's abbreviation for beast!) 3 cheers to damann!! hip hip hurrah!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

My old NS10's are confined to the hi-fi in the sitting room. The reason I still use 'em at all is because the sitting room is very resonant in the lower end, and the nessie's lack of bass power is perfect for the room.

I tried my pair of Dynaudio BM10's first, and they were way too boomy in that room....

It really is down to the room you're monitoring in, as much as the monitors...

rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Nobody can take from you what you give freely.

+Quote Post
Levon River
post Sun 17 Nov 2002, 17:10
Post #13

Member No.: 6,734

QUOTE (damann @ Sep 3 2002, 19:22)
a friend brought a finished mix he'd done on ns10s into my studio to check it out LOUD on my krk's, there was a 30hz rumble all the way through the mix that he hadn't even heard on the '10s! laugh.gif

This is an example of one good caveat about the Nessies: You can have lots of boominess hiding in all that high-end that swamps the mix, especially when played back on, er, "budget" systems.

I still think they're damn good mixing monitors, though. It's just good to have other more robust speakers to A/B them against as you go.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 15:08
- © 440 Forums 2011