MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Yamaha Psr-140 Keyboard & Us-144
enuenu
post Fri 20 Dec 2013, 13:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 123,509

I have a new iMac running OSX 10.9. I have a Tascam US-144 interface. I have managed to get this interface to work in Garageband when using electric guitar.

I have an old Yamaha PSR-140 MIDI capable synth. I have connected the PSR-140 to the interface. I see the "MIDI In" light on the interface flashing. When I play a few notes on the keyboard the light goes solid while I am playing. The signal seems to be arriving at the interface.

However I cannot get the signal to the computer. I installed a program called "MIDI Monitor" to see what was being transmitted to the computer. Not sure if I am using it correctly but it seems to show nothing. When I use garage band and create a piano track, the keyboard doesn't do anything.

There is now an app on my computer called "Audio MIDI Setup". Not sure how that was installed, I didn't install it (maybe it was always there, never seen it on my desktop before). Anyway, in this app I go to "Window > Show MIDI Window" and I see icons for "IAC Driver", "Network" and "US-144". When I click the little down arrow located under the "US-144" icon, the "MIDI out" light on the US144 interface flashes.

I double click "US-144" and it shows "US-144 Properties". Under "Ports" it shows "MIDI" and 1 connector for MIDI in and MIDI out.

I am at a loss as to why my iMac is not receiving MIDI signals from my keyboard. Maybe it is and I am doing something else wrong?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mac Daddy
post Sat 4 Jan 2014, 05:45
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,633

Yo!! houstonmusic,

Happy New Year. Love Mac & Their Prompt/Professional Service. In Hamburg, Germany they will either fix or replace on the spot. TASCAM… I have two of their products, brand new NOT working!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 23:38
- © 440 Forums 2011