MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 828 Mkii Usb 2.0 Crackles
Aber
post Mon 20 Apr 2009, 12:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 108,053

Hi there,
I'm using a 828 MKII with a new Macbook unibody running os 10.5.6. Latest Motu drivers installed 1.4.20
I get lots of crackles when reproducing audio (mp3, video, system sounds, ableton live). I reinstalled drivers, changed USB cable, factory reset, tried different outs, changed power cable and tried on a Mac Mini running Tiger, but I got the same problem. No one answers me from motu support. I really don't know what to do. The issue disappears when using it in standalone unplugged from macs. Any suggestion? This thing is driving me crazy. sad.gif
Thanks.

This post has been edited by Aber: Mon 20 Apr 2009, 12:13
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Mon 20 Apr 2009, 23:13
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Hello

Have you checked the audioMIDI set up?
Are the audio settings in system preferences ok?

Crackles are usually caused by: too much CPU strain (beef up the latency cache), the driver (seems you tried already), a bad clock/clock setting.

Also, as you are in USB, are there other peripherals in USB attached to the computer?

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
robert0
post Fri 22 Jan 2010, 18:20
Post #3

Member No.: 112,589

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Mon 20 Apr 2009, 23:13) *
Hello

Have you checked the audioMIDI set up?
Are the audio settings in system preferences ok?

Crackles are usually caused by: too much CPU strain (beef up the latency cache), the driver (seems you tried already), a bad clock/clock setting.

Also, as you are in USB, are there other peripherals in USB attached to the computer?

I have the same problem here. Got a MacPro with Snow Leopard, and have tried all resetting, changing FW cable, updating firmware, and it only allows me to open one project, and when I try to open another it starts popping and doing stuff.
One thing I've noticed is that when I turn on the interface, the main screen fades in, instead of just popping up as it used to.

Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S.: I'm using Logic Pro 9

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 23 Jan 2010, 05:54
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Oblique strategy : have a run round the block with… never mind. wink.gif

You could try different options to plug/power up the interface. before the start up, after, plug it while on/off, after launching Logic… you get the idea.

Another idea, trash any preferences that motu, logic and audio and midi have in os x (well, remove them from location and restart, and see)

Note that next SL is few weeks away too, it may help too (or not). wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
robert0
post Sat 23 Jan 2010, 23:24
Post #5

Member No.: 112,589

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Sat 23 Jan 2010, 05:54) *
Oblique strategy : have a run round the block with… never mind. wink.gif

You could try different options to plug/power up the interface. before the start up, after, plug it while on/off, after launching Logic… you get the idea.

Another idea, trash any preferences that motu, logic and audio and midi have in os x (well, remove them from location and restart, and see)

Note that next SL is few weeks away too, it may help too (or not). wink.gif

Hey thanks for the answer.

About the ideas 2 and 3:
How do I trash the preferences from the OS? and

What's SL?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 23:47
- © MacMusic 1997-2008