MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Di Box For Guitar...
musico2007
post Mon 16 Mar 2009, 17:10
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 90,147

does anybody here use a DI Box(Direct Input) when connecting your guitar to your interface into your computer to record? I've been connecting my guitar directly into my M-Audio Mobile Pre-USB interface and then using some sort of guitar amp simulator on Logic but I'm wondering if I have to use a DI Box? I heard it changes your unbalanced input into a balanced one so it seems intriguing, i just wanna know if anybody else has any experience with them? and would they recommend me getting one?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deaconblue
post Tue 17 Mar 2009, 05:47
Post #2

Member No.: 11,156

QUOTE (musico2007 @ Mon 16 Mar 2009, 11:10) *
does anybody here use a DI Box(Direct Input) when connecting your guitar to your interface into your computer to record? I've been connecting my guitar directly into my M-Audio Mobile Pre-USB interface and then using some sort of guitar amp simulator on Logic but I'm wondering if I have to use a DI Box? I heard it changes your unbalanced input into a balanced one so it seems intriguing, i just wanna know if anybody else has any experience with them? and would they recommend me getting one?

hey musico2007,

the M-Audio USB pre has inputs for guitar built in: "2 high-impedance line ins for guitar, bass, etc." . You don't need to use a DI Box unless you want to. I have and use a Tech 21 SanSamp to add just a little push to the guitar signal before it goes into my DAW and the plugs ins.

But, I also have plugged into my 828 direct with no enhancement to the original guitar signal. Play with the sound as is. If you don't think it sounds just right, see if you can borrow a DI box or rent one (if possible) from local store and see if you like what it does to your tone.

hope that helps.

peace.

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio

+Quote Post
musico2007
post Wed 18 Mar 2009, 16:50
Post #3

Member No.: 90,147

ok thx for the response man...that's kinda what i thought but wasn't sure

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 09:51
- © 440 Forums 2011