MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drunks, This is my opening farewell.
elfingrey
post Sat 4 Mar 2006, 23:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,304

This from a thread that IMHO doesn't even belong on this board:

"Resently there was a light harted post about the effects of alcohol in the mass media...
It went way out of controll,,, I will not put up with the self rightios on any subject.. (sorry about spelling and grammer as I am quite drunk now on Rum)
If folks would have payed attention, they would have noticed the subject was actually poking fun at the rather destuctive effects of alcohol.
I will delete any posts that becone an argument that has no resolve"

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any board that is serious about music and the creation of it, and yet allows a moderator to have control of a thread (while admitedly drunk on rum), is not a place I want to be.

Out comes the tired name calling such as "self righteous", and other personal attacks, but I've been there, done that and I know it's nowhere, man. Ask any great musician/artist that's gone through it and he'll tell you the same thing, unless he's dead, or brain dead (see Joe Walsh as exhibit A). With that last word, I will bid you all a fond fair well. I'm dropping this board and spending all of my time elsewhere.

I sure will miss all those witty drunken song ideas and wacky attempts at insults though. Maybe I'll send you guys a nice fruit basket! laugh.gif

elfingrey
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 15 Apr 2006, 02:12
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

On my side I note that Kaboom has done much more work here than others, not to judge him on this post only. He's respectful, sensible, helpful, and has been drunk let's see… ONCE in years while being moderator. Also, the thread is in the "Open Bar", not in the technical part, and may even be tongue in cheek (or not). And eventually, Kaboom closed it by himself.

At least I now he's a human being smile.gif Not a bot in disguise.

I'm so sorry I will never start the fashion police here… sad.gif it really depress me rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Last, the only things forbidden here are:

- Illegal stuff (mostly by the french laws, meaning beside the sexual stuff rarely encountered here anyway: drug apology, racism, crime apology, crime against humanity apology, incitation to violence or crime)
- insults
- spam

I don't drink, smoke or take drugs (and never did), but I don't feel entitled to dictate the behaviour of someone I respect when this person means no arm, does no arm, and knows when he eventually cross a line.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Megahertz
post Sat 15 Apr 2006, 07:34
Post #3

Member No.: 75,243

This thread is useless without pics!!!

Oh, and don't let the door hit you on the way out!

This post has been edited by Megahertz: Sat 15 Apr 2006, 07:35

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
post Wed 22 Nov 2006, 14:32
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,003

You know,
I've thought of a million responces to this one....
I thought my post said it all... and was quite funny to boot, IMHO

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 16 Apr 2024, 05:27
- © 440 Forums 2011