MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> OS X softwares?, OS X softwares
ryosode
post Tue 13 Nov 2001, 03:57
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,270

Okay, I bet I am not the first person to ask this question, but I am in love with OS X 10.1 and I need a multi-track audio editing solution ASAP. Aside from the fact that the multithreading actually works, the audio architecture of OS X seems very promising. So where are the softwares for me to do audio/MIDI stuff? Logic said long time ago that it will have LA5 for OS X ready by Sept, but Sept is long gone. They are aiming for January release, but I don't know if we can trust that. BIAS said it's public beta for Deck X and Peak X are ready for testing but you have to register with them and get an approval from them before download the beta and test it out. I wouldn't bet on Pro Tools, Digital Performer, or Cubase to come out anytime sooner than Logic. And I don't know any other software to do the job. So I am pretty much stuck. Everything I do can be done in OS X, except for the audio recording/editting. Well, actually, even the audio recording can be done using a shareware called Sound Studio 1.5.5 for OS X and it works very well. But when it comes to multi-track editing, I have to boot back into OS 9 and deal with OMS, FreeMIDI, ASIO, Apple Sound Manager...etc, etc, and I hate it.

Does anyone know if there's any intermediate cure for my pain?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
farouche
post Wed 27 Feb 2002, 12:09
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,393

Troubles with Cubase :-(((

Working on Cubase 5.1 on 9.2.2
I've once agin lost Cubase... I think it comes from using Mac OS X audio software like Soundhack or SparkMe... I've edited a small part for my  Website tried to record with Soundhack which is a real pain in the arse to put it mildly, so I resulted in re-using SparkMe ( just for testing ). I edited the small part put it on line. But as I restarted Mac OS 9.2.2 & tried to re-open Cubase... it wouldn't just re-opened. It had happened to me before, so I had to resinstall everything & it had work flawlessly until yesterday. The trouble is that my CD Player was dead ( luckily I recieved a new one just this morning), but it's a pain for reinstalling is a good hour job, for it means reinstalling all the plug ins like LM4, Model E, PPG & its update: a real bummer :-(((

I mean I use my powerbook for loads of things as I am an Art Monger, using video & sound & doing quite a lot of web authoring at the moment for a long new project... I nedds me my Cubase working otherwise i'll have to switch sequencer. I'm a bit pissed off for It's costing me too much...

Has anyone had the same problem ?

Soon :-)))

--------------------
patrice a.k.a MC Farouche
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 08:49
- © MacMusic 1997-2008