MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Please Help A Newbie
slimjimmed
post Sun 8 Feb 2004, 00:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,250

I have a new G5 and a usb midi keyboard i recieved as a gift. Since I am new to the field of computer music, i need some basic advice. I want to know what kind of software i need to buy if i want to have a collection of musical voices to play with my keyboard. What i am really looking for is weird tribal and spacy music that i could use to score my short films. Additionally, it would be cool to have a nice piano and organs.
I'm looking for cheap($100-ish or below) software. I don't know if it would be a major contradiction to spend so little money and get quality sounds since i am ignorant to using my computer for recording?
I don't know if i need Vst's, synths, samples, etc... I am frickin' lost. I was looking at Sonic Refills and ProSessions, and they seemed to be the type of sounds i was digging, but i don't know if i'd have tgo shell out for some proprietary software that costs$$ in order for them to work with my keyboard. Thanks for your patience.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
dougdell
post Mon 9 Feb 2004, 21:35
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,528

Slim

Ditto - Reason is exactly what you want, and is more than worth the extra $$ above your budget. I had kind of planned on doing something like you're doing, and had planned to use Logic and a bunch of hardware and software synths. Bought Reason at the last minute on a whiim, a reommendation, and checking out their excellent web site (www.propellerheads.se). I was instantly a fan of this outstanding program, that will let you do all kinds of things - but especially that tribal, spacy stuff. Drums, synths, samplers, effects - it's all there, and integrated very well. I also run it on a G-5 - with that system you will never run out of processor power. Good luck, have fun, and let us know how it goes!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 03:03
- © 440 Forums 2011