MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Audiodesk Software Needed
jtglp
post Fri 13 Oct 2006, 15:41
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 84,100

Hi there,

My dad is giving me a MOTU unit but lost the Audiodesk disk. I'll have an original manual and keycode, but need the actual software. MOTU said that they can replace a disk for registered users, but he did not register and I don't want to have to buy a second interface to get the software. I mean you can't use the software unless you've got the unit, so I don't see why they don't provide it on their website as a download. So does anyone have either 1) a spare disk or 2) an electronic version of the software?

Thanks a lot, I'd really appreciate any help.

Jay
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Sun 15 Oct 2006, 03:51
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

Since the unit was never reigistered what is to keep you from going ahead & registering the unit or...what the hell....have your dad go ahead & do it since he probably has the original sales information anyway. It won't do anything to extend the warranty but, generally, registering one's product makes all kinds of services available (software updates, support, etc.). I can never understand why someone would be adverse to registering their product - I do understand spam- but usually I like the kind of spam that someone like MOTU would send.

This post has been edited by mortalengines: Sun 15 Oct 2006, 03:52

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 15 Oct 2006, 04:26
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

There must be a card for Motu somewhere… wink.gif (got to search mine too, to check the serial number and upgrade my 2408 mk2…) laugh.gif angry.gif laugh.gif angry.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
jtglp
post Sun 15 Oct 2006, 16:13
Post #4

Member No.: 84,100

So I got everything last night, and you guys are right, I'm just going to register the product with the mail-in card from the manual. Cheers, thanks for the help! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 11:30
- © MacMusic 1997-2008