MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uploading Audio From Minidisc To An Imac
scarz
post Wed 27 Aug 2003, 18:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,705

All I really want to be able to do is upload music that I have on minidisc (that I don't have on CD's) to be able to make some sort of collection (along with stuff from CD's I have) to be able to make playlists to make compilations to download to my MD recorder (A Sony MZR-900) via a Xitel I/O which I purchased on the misinformation that it was able to upload to my iMac (it can only upload, an only in analogue, on the windows platform). Using iTunes, I have made a few (only just satisfactory) playlists that I have recorded digitally via the Xitel I/O to my portable MD recorder... I have OSX.2.6.... perhaps the iMic would have been a better option. This is all very new to me and I have very little idea or knowledge... though I'd love to acquire an understanding...

Also, using forums posts etc - this is the first, so it's a little confusing as well

email - scarz@mac.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BruceKap
post Thu 28 Aug 2003, 18:04
Post #2

Member No.: 17,933

The iMic is analog and can get noisy on quiet signals. Not really a great solution. I have a Sharp minidisc with an optical digital out and ran into the same problem when I first got it. It is not easy to record digital to digital on a an iMac without buying an interface with a optical spdif input. About 2 years ago, I found that the cheapest all digital solution was to record to a audio cd recording deck with optical in and then use itunes to convert the CD.

Since then I hve purchased a Digidesign 002 interface, but that would be overkill for a consumer application. Perhaps M-Audio or someone like that makes a cheap 2 input interface with optical. You could call musicians friend or sweetwater and see what they have.

Last thing. Finally, the G5 macs have an optical digital audio in. Its about time, but that's a very expensive solution.

+Quote Post
bracken
post Thu 28 Aug 2003, 20:02
Post #3

Member No.: 22,761

Here's a couple good Mac/MiniDisc links:

Mac to MiniDisc Tutorial
Macs and MiniDisc: A Guide to the Options

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 09:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008