MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Midi Controller, hey wat are the best controllers out there
Mac-Dee
post Mon 10 Mar 2008, 08:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,296

hey guys i am running

Logic pro , au stylus Rmx, reason

I want a keyboard with templates with these ..
I saw the novation one

Remote SL compact
and Remote SL

anyone got either and explain the pros and cons of them

also saw the akai ones there alright ?

anyone got suggestions on good portable midi controllers
that can replace my mackie control and fantom x8 for portablity
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
qusp74
post Wed 12 Mar 2008, 13:44
Post #2

Member No.: 92,865

Hi everyone,

I'd be keen to here any replies on this subject as well, afterdoing some research these are the controllers that seem to be looking to the future.... bit pricey though but I guess its just a matter of how much you value your time. Any real world experience with both the SL or the SL compact would be of great interest to me.

--------------------
Jeremy Glover graphic designer and compositor extraordinair but a relative novice at audio
Mac G5 1.8DP 4gig ram .. RME Hammerfall DSP 9632 .. Behringer ADA8000 adat interface
• KRK ROKIT 6 and RP10S•Micro korg Synth/vocoder with RODE NT2-A
Logic pro 7 NI kontakt, battery FM8, Altiverb Arturia Moog modular minimoog arp2600.

+Quote Post
qusp74
post Thu 13 Mar 2008, 08:30
Post #3

The novation ReMOTE 37 or 49 SL or SL Compact controller keyboards that is. I'd like to here from anyone who is using one with Logic Pro, Cubase and Reason. Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by qusp74: Thu 13 Mar 2008, 08:31

--------------------
Jeremy Glover graphic designer and compositor extraordinair but a relative novice at audio
Mac G5 1.8DP 4gig ram .. RME Hammerfall DSP 9632 .. Behringer ADA8000 adat interface
Logic pro 7 NI kontakt, battery FM8, Altiverb Arturia Moog modular minimoog arp2600.

+Quote Post
DANO10
post Fri 14 Mar 2008, 14:22
Post #4

Member No.: 6,512

Hey Guys,

I am running a Novation ReMote 37. I've only had it about a month. So far it is great. It comes with many templates, a whole CDR full, great midi learning, a two channel midi interface and is very solid physically. I have used it on Logic Pro 8, DP 5, Stylus RMX, plus several others. It is a bit pricey - it thats not a problem - I say go for it.

Dano10 cool.gif

+Quote Post
qusp74
post Sat 15 Mar 2008, 08:31
Post #5

thanks DAN10,

Thats just what I wanted to hear, it reviewed well but I wanted to hear from someone using it in a real environment. You're right, it is a bit pricey but as I mentioned before; it's all relative, it depends how much you value your TIME because it sounds like the automapping and templates have the potential to save me a great deal of it. I had a play at my local music store and the construction seems solid and the action was good as well cool.gif looks like i'll be giving the credit card a good thrashing sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 17:34
- © MacMusic 1997-2008