MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Off Off Indie

Music discussion and exposure
Rating 0
entry Tue 6 May 2008, 14:46
This is the inaugural posting of this blog. it's purpose is to introduce what we think, do and want to do with music. i say we, because i am part of a collective. the 'agape181' music family. this collective was created as a way to join forces and build a platform whereby talented and willing artists could gather, develop and create. check out the myspace page and hear the music of some of the participants.
www.myspace.com/agape181

i also have a label. kind of was forced into doing it because again, no on else is. can't get any help from the the industry. it is in tatters, though they don't really realize it yet. industry execs are paranoid about losing their jobs. they are sitting on such a ****load of money, they can bleed for a long time yet before feeling the pinch. but they have no idea what to do next. actually, no one really does. despite what they may claim! so, it's a whole new ball-game out there. we are in a world where every artist is responsible for managing his business and brand. and that i believe is a MAJOR opportunity. we're literally building a whole new economical landscape, or as the over paid gurus at the various consulting firms like to put it, eco-system.

and we want to be part of that. need to be part of that if we want to count. that is the rationale behind the label. go see for yourself. www.offoffindie.com.

as we go forward i will be posting tracks here from great artists. like minded-individuals. i will also get on my 'soap-box' now and then and pontificate on the state of music, how we got here, and where might we be going.

i will also introduce you to some interesting projects, encompassing all musical spheres including classical, art music, jazz, world and so on. 'the children are our future' so i will concentrate on what can be done to introduce children to the richness of the musical heritage that touches all of us.

more later....

Fast Reply Reply to this topic
« Next Oldest · Off Off Indie · Next Newest »

Last Comments

Get Firefox!
© 440Forums 2008