MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Can't I Find These Sounds?, sample sounds
Mr. Jason E. Lec...
post Mon 2 Jan 2006, 08:31
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,692

i'm fairly new to the computer music scene. i currently use reason and ableton live 5 on a simple iBook G4 1.07 GHz, and i love what i'm learning and how much my options have opened up musically. but no matter how hard i've tried, i haven't been able to find some sounds i've been a long-time fan of. i had a roland xp60 in the 90s with the techno and sound fx expansion cards. i LOVED the sounds those cards had. the way the sounds had been sampled and tweaked. but i can't find any sample sets with these same sounds. could somebody maybe point me in the right direction. i'm a fan of the types of sounds used by old-time ministry, early nine inch nails, depeche mode, skinny puppy, etc... something about a lot of those old-type samples from the 80s and early 90s are just so much fun.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
S.F.Selecta
post Tue 3 Jan 2006, 07:37
Post #2

Member No.: 71,676

I dont know if this will help that much but on the propellerheads web site uner free refills they have stuff like virus c sounds and i think the roland juno 60 for use in the NT-X or whatever that sampler is. and there are some loops to use in the rex player to.

+Quote Post
Mr. Jason E. Lec...
post Wed 4 Jan 2006, 04:53
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 74,692

thanks for the suggestion, but yes, i HAVE those sounds. there are a lot of great newer sounds and great sample sets, but i'm kind of looking for the sounds of those 90s era sample-based keyboards that were just so awesome.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Wed 18 Jan 2006, 00:57
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Why don't you buy one second hand? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 05:50
- © 440 Forums 2011