MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mpc2000xl?sp606?rs7000?, anyone got advice or opinions?
skipp
post Sat 27 Aug 2005, 20:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,883

Well i posted a forum topic some days ago on the sp404 and i pretty much answered all my questions myself,The hardwear world is so new to me!!:P I've been working with mainly fruityloops,cubase,reason and soundforge on the side for some years now and i'm trying to get rid of my computer so i can do more listening and less looking:P
Anyway,i figured out that the 404 is not what i need,to limited,i'm looking for a synchronizer/sampler (chop function is a must!) for instrumental style hiphop that can be used for live jams as well (especially the live drumming mpc type of stuff)tongue.gif.The mpc2000xl,sp606,rs7000 all seem pretty interseting,they all have there ups and downs:
-2000xl,i've seen some shows with these (jel,alias,ring a bell anyone?)and i love the live drumming aspect of them.i would have to get a second hand one cos of the price and i dont like the fact that for that kind of price you dont get any effects or decent amount of memory
-sp606,seem pretty good all round,i like the 40 onboard effects,but a 4 track sequencer?!?! what the f*ck! seems way to limited
-i havent been able to find any real down sides to rs7k but i get the impression its more for electro/techno styles,is it anygood for live drumming (i love those 2 words:P) and sequencing?
So if anyone has one of these machines please give this hardware novice some advice!!!:)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
juggalojay1
post Wed 21 Sep 2005, 19:26
Post #2

Member No.: 70,313

wait about a mounth and get the MPC 2500.

+Quote Post
King of Chill
post Sun 15 Oct 2006, 17:52
Post #3

Member No.: 46,603

QUOTE (skipp @ Sat 27 Aug 2005, 19:07) *
Well i posted a forum topic some days ago on the sp404 and i pretty much answered all my questions myself,The hardwear world is so new to me!!:P I've been working with mainly fruityloops,cubase,reason and soundforge on the side for some years now and i'm trying to get rid of my computer so i can do more listening and less looking:P
Anyway,i figured out that the 404 is not what i need,to limited,i'm looking for a synchronizer/sampler (chop function is a must!) for instrumental style hiphop that can be used for live jams as well (especially the live drumming mpc type of stuff)tongue.gif.The mpc2000xl,sp606,rs7000 all seem pretty interseting,they all have there ups and downs:
-2000xl,i've seen some shows with these (jel,alias,ring a bell anyone?)and i love the live drumming aspect of them.i would have to get a second hand one cos of the price and i dont like the fact that for that kind of price you dont get any effects or decent amount of memory
-sp606,seem pretty good all round,i like the 40 onboard effects,but a 4 track sequencer?!?! what the f*ck! seems way to limited
-i havent been able to find any real down sides to rs7k but i get the impression its more for electro/techno styles,is it anygood for live drumming (i love those 2 words:P) and sequencing?
So if anyone has one of these machines please give this hardware novice some advice!!!:)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 12:15
- © 440 Forums 2011