MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Audio Midi Setup Crashing, when used with motu 828mk2
Seth Peterson
post Thu 21 Apr 2005, 02:32
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 62,759

I upgraded my drivers after updating garageband, audio desk and firewire drivers. Now my midi setup is crashing and responding inconsitantly. I also get a timer erro message telling me to close all other midi apps. though apple tab dosenst show any.

--------------------
Mac Book Pro Intel 2 duo, 2.16 2gb ram, Cubase 4, Reason 3.5, Peak, motu 828mkII, OctoPre Le, some mics and Ideas, and your helpful tips.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
reddish
post Thu 21 Apr 2005, 12:54
Post #2

Member No.: 54,211

This also happened to me only with a M-audio FW 410 and logic pro 7.0.1 in my case it was a bad driver trash whatever drivers you installed and re install the old ones (which you SAVED of course). However i am unfamiliar with audio desk or garageband so take my advice with a grain of salt. good luck cool.gif

+Quote Post
Seth Peterson
post Fri 22 Apr 2005, 21:54
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 62,759

thanks for the reply. So I've trashed the motu firwire console, but it still comnes up when I plug my motu 828mk2 in. I don't remeber deleting the old files but can't seem to find them. another note is that everything works fine until I plugg my motu in. So, I've tried reinstalling drivers but get same reactions. Everything started when I uppgraded my software and drivers. Anyone else got any ideas?

--------------------
Mac Book Pro Intel 2 duo, 2.16 2gb ram, Cubase 4, Reason 3.5, Peak, motu 828mkII, OctoPre Le, some mics and Ideas, and your helpful tips.

+Quote Post
reddish
post Sat 23 Apr 2005, 15:11
Post #4

Member No.: 54,211

QUOTE (hotlunch @ Apr 22 2005, 20:54)
thanks for the reply. So I've trashed the motu firwire console, but it still comnes up when I plug my motu 828mk2 in. I don't remeber deleting the old files but can't seem to find them. another note is that everything works fine until I plugg my motu in. So, I've tried reinstalling drivers but get same reactions. Everything started when I uppgraded my software and drivers. Anyone else got any ideas?

did you just trash the app???? and not the driver??? if your computer still recognizes the motu 828mk2 after a restart than you didn't delete the right files. any ways i know nothing of motu my experience is solely with the m-audio fw 410 driver which is located in /Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers on my system though it may also be in ~/Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers on your system, well i just checked the motu site and found these instructions...

Follow these instructions to reinstall the drivers:

Turn the interface off.
Launch the installer and choose Uninstall from the install drop down menu in the upper left hand corner of the window. Once the operation is complete, quit the installer.
Go into the Hard drive/Users/Library/Preferences, locate the files named com.motu.firewire.CueMix.console.plist, com.motu.firewire.SMPTE.console.plist, com.motu.FireWireAudio, and MOTU FireWire Console.prefs, move them to the trash and empty the trash.
Go into the Hard Drive/Applications and make sure the MOTU Firewire Audio Console, FireWire CueMix Console and FireWire SMPTE Console are no longer there. If they are still there, move them to the trash and empty the trash.
Restart the computer. Launch the installer and install the Consoles and Drivers for the 828MK2 or Traveler. Once the installer is complete, restart the computer. Do not turn the interface on until the OS is fully booted with all drives and icons mounted on the desktop.

and here is the url

http://lasso.motu.com/downloads/filelist.l...cending&-search

hope this helps unsure.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 19 Sep 2024, 20:26
- © 440 Forums 2011