MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bfd Or Addictive Drums?
Soundhound
post Wed 23 May 2007, 09:40
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 78,568

I downloaded the Addictive Drums demo and it seems pretty great. Good control over the kit, and sounds good. I'm going to get the new Logic (or whatever it becomes) and a new ImAc sson and want to get to some good recording. Mostly my own stuff, bluesy rock, some funkier, jazzier stuff as well. Who knows.

Anyway these two seem to be leadning the pack from what I'm reading. Anyone have a preference/insights etc? thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dub
post Wed 23 May 2007, 11:19
Post #2

Member No.: 81,602

QUOTE (Soundhound @ Wed 23 May 2007, 09:40) *
...Anyway these two seem to be leadning the pack from what I'm reading. Anyone have a preference/insights etc? thanks!

I've not seen / heard / played with Addictive Drums, but I'm a serious user of BFD (so I'm biased), and it's hard to see what they might do better... but there's more than just a little rumour that BFD2's well on the way - FxPansion's CTO's been awfully quiet for quiet a while wink.gif Judging by what they've done in the past, we're in for a treat.

+Quote Post
n8tron
post Sat 26 May 2007, 15:47
Post #3

Member No.: 80,131

I've only used the demos of these, but I've also done a lot of listening to songs done with these. I would actually recommend a different library. ns_kit7 from natural studios. This library uses a different approach. Instead of using a multi-mic user configurable setup it instead focuses on articulation and performance. Anything you can do with a real drum kit you can do with this library. For example, the hihat has 16 levels of openness that you can control continuously with a controller pedal. Plus the brushed kit it comes with is amazing. Listen to the demos, they are incredible.

www.naturalstudios.co.uk

--------------------

+Quote Post
melenko
post Sun 27 May 2007, 20:22
Post #4

SuperHero

Member No.: 9,408

The actual link is :

http://www.naturalstudio.co.uk/ns_kit7.html

Mostly recorded, and well, with Gretsch snare and kick...
But "Addictive Drums" offers a wider choice and is easy to use.

--------------------
MacPro dual 2.66 - 8 Go - SL10.6.6- DP 7.2.1 - RME FFCE 800 - URS, Sonnox, Stilwell, Nomad Factory, Kontakt 4.2.2, Trillian, Stylus, EZ drummer, SD2, UVIworkstation, Altiverb - KRK - JBL
Neve 8801 - Brauner - Roland A-37, etc.

+Quote Post
azusa
post Tue 29 May 2007, 00:02
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,031

If you don't particularly concern about details that much, Additive Drums and EZ Drummer are both nice and light.

+Quote Post
mojamusic
post Fri 29 Jun 2007, 08:41
Post #6

Member No.: 92,564

QUOTE (azusa @ Mon 28 May 2007, 19:02) *
If you don't particularly concern about details that much, Additive Drums and EZ Drummer are both nice and light.

From my experience with Addictive Drums you have maximum control over detail, more than most other drums. (ex. Snare buzz level, Overhead and Room level plus FX!) That's a lot of detail.

+Quote Post
wahwahwells
post Sun 1 Jul 2007, 19:35
Post #7

Member No.: 91,991

I haven't used BFD, but I've played on a few tracks for people who were using it. I bought Addictive Drums about a month ago and it is brilliant. Very versatile, excellent sounds and incredibly easy to use...and it's addictive!

Cheers.......................wahwah

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 8 May 2024, 02:04
- © MacMusic 1997-2008