MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mbox 2 With Mac Os 10.6.8, compatibility issues
Erik Wood
post Sun 3 Jul 2011, 13:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 118,237

I just got the Macbook pro 15,4", 2,0 with mac os 10.6.8 and I want to use my Mbox 2 with Logic (and not protools), but I'm not sure if there's compatibility betweens the coreaudio device download and my operating system. Does anyone have an answer?

//
Erik W

This is the only download I've found but I don't know if it's safe: http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservic...sp?DocId=362883

It sys that it's tested up to os 10.6.2.

What do you think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 3 Jul 2011, 20:33
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

As for now, we do not have a report it doesn't work… I have opened a compatibility thread of 10.6.8 but the only reports we have yet are on Apogee Symphony and some CUPS printers drivers that have issues (definitive for now).

Plus, Lion is looming, and the primary reports are great, though tested only on one configuration by a member (more on this tonight). So, it may be given the advantages in performance a good idea to jump to lion fast (once your peculiar interface has been tested that is…)

Now, I don't think you risk anything by testing the driver in 10.6.8… As you don't have much choice and the OS is already there. If there's a problem, you can always find some means to downgrade but it'll be another issue. Test first, if it works: fine! If not, we'll see for the downgrade (which may not be possible if Apple changed bit unadvertised under the hood), or the jump to Lion as it's looming fast. wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Erik Wood
post Mon 4 Jul 2011, 14:02
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 118,237

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Sun 3 Jul 2011, 20:33) *
As for now, we do not have a report it doesn't work… I have opened a compatibility thread of 10.6.8 but the only reports we have yet are on Apogee Symphony and some CUPS printers drivers that have issues (definitive for now).

Plus, Lion is looming, and the primary reports are great, though tested only on one configuration by a member (more on this tonight). So, it may be given the advantages in performance a good idea to jump to lion fast (once your peculiar interface has been tested that is…)

Now, I don't think you risk anything by testing the driver in 10.6.8… As you don't have much choice and the OS is already there. If there's a problem, you can always find some means to downgrade but it'll be another issue. Test first, if it works: fine! If not, we'll see for the downgrade (which may not be possible if Apple changed bit unadvertised under the hood), or the jump to Lion as it's looming fast. wink.gif

Ok, Thanx!

I tried to install some version before and my audiosystem (more specifically the coremidi) collapsed. So I had to reinstall my computer, 'couse it's really hard to uninstall these drivers. So I'm still looking for anyone who've tried the coreaudio driver with 10.6.8...

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Mon 4 Jul 2011, 14:49
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Doesn't the installer do the uninstall job? Or is it dirty stuff?

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 16 Apr 2024, 23:18
- © MacMusic 1997-2008