MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Synch 2 Pro Tools Sytems?, Can you sync Mbox and LE systems?
the producktion
post Tue 20 Oct 2009, 15:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 111,061

Hi.
I'm wondering if its possible to sync an Mbox2 Pro running PT8 with a digi 001 running PT 5?
I've got so many plug-ins on my old system that I can't afford to buy immediately for my new system, I was hoping i could sync the 2 sytems together.
Wishful thinking? wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kayj_prod
post Wed 21 Oct 2009, 06:57
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 99,001

On the same machine?
I think it very unlikely. Also, running two pieces of software is not likely to reduce the impact on your system.
You might be able to aggregate the two interfaces to give you more I/O if that's what you're after- not sure if you can do this without knowing more system info.
If you have other software you might be able to use Rewire to integrate it with PT.

+Quote Post
ironhead
post Wed 21 Oct 2009, 07:04
Post #3

Member No.: 62,788

QUOTE (the producktion @ Tue 20 Oct 2009, 14:09) *
Hi.
I'm wondering if its possible to sync an Mbox2 Pro running PT8 with a digi 001 running PT 5?
I've got so many plug-ins on my old system that I can't afford to buy immediately for my new system, I was hoping i could sync the 2 sytems together.

it should be possible but i have never done it like that i know you can beat sync look in midi
i copy this from sight.
Sound like you want to use MTC..

Make sure there is a MIDI connection from the "OUT" of the 001 to the "IN" of 002 with a midi cable interface configured properly

Make sure the 001 or 002 is set to be the "Master" and also set clock type to MTC

In Pro Tools, Make sure "MTC Reader Port" is set to either ANY (with a valid MIDI input present) or the specific MIDI port your is sending clock to.. (to get there: click on "Setup" menu and Choose "Peripherals" then "Synchronization")

Make sure your "Frame Rate" and "tempo/BPM" are the same in both devices. (Frame rate visible in "session setup".. to get there: Click "Setup" menu, then choose "Session")

lastly, put the Pro Tools transport "online", meaning it will wait for proper incoming clock to start playback (the little clock looking icon/button on the far left of the transport.. it will blink blue)
try it out or you may nees a dedicted sync device.

You can also use the 001 as an insert device running protools just use some patch cable to send signals in and out to it to channels in protools on the 001 from 002 process them in 001

Does this do the trick?

+Quote Post
the producktion
post Wed 21 Oct 2009, 11:12
Post #4

QUOTE (kayj_prod @ Wed 21 Oct 2009, 05:57) *
On the same machine?
I think it very unlikely. Also, running two pieces of software is not likely to reduce the impact on your system.
You might be able to aggregate the two interfaces to give you more I/O if that's what you're after- not sure if you can do this without knowing more system info.
If you have other software you might be able to use Rewire to integrate it with PT.

Thanks but I should have said, I'm running the mBox from a Macbook Pro and the digi 001 from a G4 Mac, and I was hoping to slave the Mac from the Macbook.

+Quote Post
the producktion
post Wed 21 Oct 2009, 11:30
Post #5

QUOTE (ironhead @ Wed 21 Oct 2009, 06:04) *
QUOTE (the producktion @ Tue 20 Oct 2009, 14:09) *
Hi.

it should be possible but i have never done it like that i know you can beat sync look in midi
i copy this from sight.
Sound like you want to use MTC..

Make sure there is a MIDI connection from the "OUT" of the 001 to the "IN" of 002 with a midi cable interface configured properly

Make sure the 001 or 002 is set to be the "Master" and also set clock type to MTC

In Pro Tools, Make sure "MTC Reader Port" is set to either ANY (with a valid MIDI input present) or the specific MIDI port your is sending clock to.. (to get there: click on "Setup" menu and Choose "Peripherals" then "Synchronization")

Make sure your "Frame Rate" and "tempo/BPM" are the same in both devices. (Frame rate visible in "session setup".. to get there: Click "Setup" menu, then choose "Session")

lastly, put the Pro Tools transport "online", meaning it will wait for proper incoming clock to start playback (the little clock looking icon/button on the far left of the transport.. it will blink blue)
try it out or you may nees a dedicted sync device.

You can also use the 001 as an insert device running protools just use some patch cable to send signals in and out to it to channels in protools on the 001 from 002 process them in 001

Does this do the trick?

Thanks for that Ironhead, I've followed most of this. One thing I can't locate is where the "master/ slave" option is in Pro Tools. Can you advise please?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 11:00
- © MacMusic 1997-2008