MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Bit Of Preamp + S/pdif Setup Help Needed
Ilya_Harpas
post Wed 5 Sep 2007, 09:08
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,158

Hey all

My brother and I have just picked up a Joemeek TwinQ pre on loan, and we're trying to get it working with our set up.

We run.....
-iMac
-M-Audio Firewire Audiophile
-Behringer XENYX-1202 mixer
-MXL 990 Condensor Mix
-Logic Express

We used to record vox by running the mic straight into the mixer, but the preamps on the Behringer were...well, average.

Now we're test driving the Joemeek, we're trying to avoid the cheapy mixer alltogether and use the Digital out on the preamp.

I have been able to get the Firewire Audiofile to register the S/PDIF in (input registering on the M Audio mixer software)...but, can't actually get any sound out of it.
Eg - when I activate a track to REC on Logic....there's absolutely no input signal detected.

I have tried to read the manuals etc and stuff, but I really need some help with getting it working with the Digital out please sad.gif

I'm pretty novice at the technical/set up side of things so i've tried to explain it as best as I can....but if you need to know more, just ask for the specifics and I'll see if I can explain it for you smile.gif

Thanks in advance!
Ilya

This post has been edited by Ilya_Harpas: Wed 5 Sep 2007, 09:10
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mark U.
post Wed 5 Sep 2007, 17:03
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 94,587

First I would try seeing if the digital in is recognized in Logics I/O section, it might be set to analog and you would need to switch it to digital to get a signal in Logic.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 13:56
- © 440 Forums 2011