MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help For My Midi Impaired Keyboard Friend
rlarsonusa
post Mon 15 Mar 2010, 18:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,237

Hi there,

I'm a old horn player in a R&B band with an old keyboard player that takes too much time between songs to change his keyboard settings and was wondering if there is a reasonably priced program that runs on a mac to help with this.

My midi skills are minimal since I currently only use it for input with Finale.

His set up is a couple of keyboards (Roland and Alessi, I believe), and they are midi capable. He also has a software program that has B3 sounds (B4?), but he's not ever used it on the gig.

Ideally, the software program would save the settings used for a particular song (for both keyboards and the sound module) and then, on the gig, just id the song we are going to play and midi would take care of the rest.

I've read about Reason and Ableton Live, but they seem to overkill for what's needed. He has a Macbook and assume it's Intel core duo. Don't know how much ram he has.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
post Tue 16 Mar 2010, 03:04
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 88,124

any sequencer will do this. piece of cake.
you may send patch changes, or more complicated sys ex data to both boards.

the trick will be setting up the sequence. you'd want to order the dumps to follow your set list.

in DP6, it would be easy to make separate chunks for each tune, and just select them and go.
different sequencers handle this differently.

but yes, in principle, it's a breeze.
good luck.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 21:19
- © MacMusic 1997-2008