MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Advice On Music Software For A Beginner
ravehippie13
post Thu 19 Nov 2009, 00:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 111,559

Hi. Im a beginning electronica musician who uses a mac. Before i used mac i used PC software such as ejay to make trance techno and rave music, but now im on mac and i use garageband. i realize garageband has some fair music making options and its a great studio to work with, but for specific kinds of music, its variety is lacking, so i looked up various music programs for mac that would provide a "genre crutch" for garageband such as Absynth, Reaktor, Reason 4 ect, but im still not sure which software will give me what i need.

Since there are many people on this site who have similar tastes in music have good info on music software, i was hoping to get some advice on what software would compliment garageband and give me the ability to create many kinds of electronic music while providing a wide range of options and not being too difficult to work with.

Thanks, ravehippie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
post Thu 19 Nov 2009, 18:07
Post #2

Member No.: 88,124

what fun. well, start with some extra Jam Packs... you'll get extra loops to work with. 3rd party content abounds. some providers will be more in your style than others.
there are some very nice AU soft synths that will run in GB, squelchier and more juicy than the white bread models they provide. Scanned Synth is great... if you'd like to shell out more Oscar rocks, or Virsyn's Tera.
you'll have to play in parts from a keyboard, or load midi phrases from somewhere...
get to know GB in depth. read the manual, and look at training vids on line. it's pretty deep, and you'll be able to go far.
down the line, my electronica friends are mostly using Live. loop oriented arranging and composing on the fly. intuitive and powerful.
good luck.

+Quote Post
ravehippie13
post Thu 19 Nov 2009, 22:13
Post #3

Member No.: 111,559

QUOTE (houstonmusic @ Thu 19 Nov 2009, 09:07) *
what fun. well, start with some extra Jam Packs... you'll get extra loops to work with. 3rd party content abounds. some providers will be more in your style than others.
there are some very nice AU soft synths that will run in GB, squelchier and more juicy than the white bread models they provide. Scanned Synth is great... if you'd like to shell out more Oscar rocks, or Virsyn's Tera.
you'll have to play in parts from a keyboard, or load midi phrases from somewhere...
get to know GB in depth. read the manual, and look at training vids on line. it's pretty deep, and you'll be able to go far.
down the line, my electronica friends are mostly using Live. loop oriented arranging and composing on the fly. intuitive and powerful.
good luck.

Ok if i could get some additional info on where to find these programs that would be great., I forgot to mention i already have the remix jam pack and a MIDI keyboard. Plus i have audacity and audio hijack so i can take any sound i make from any program and make an mp3 out of it then add it to GB.

This post has been edited by ravehippie13: Thu 19 Nov 2009, 22:17

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 09:47
- © MacMusic 1997-2008