MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> External Hard Drive For 2 Ghz Power Pc G5
jcyjr36
post Wed 24 Aug 2005, 23:21
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,036

hi, i have a 250 GB internal drive but I have close to 80 gigs of music I want to transfer from my PC to my Mac. Has anyone bought the Maxtor One Touch II 300 GB external drive. Also, if I plan on using my Mac to both record and DJ, should I use the external drive to house my mp3's and use the internal drive for strictly operating system and my songs I create in Ableton Live 5? thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
woodworm
post Thu 25 Aug 2005, 02:46
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,339

I never used the 300GB, but I used to have the 250GB one (in a blue metallic enclosure). I sold it because I didn't like the way it gets very hot (fried eggs kind of hot) and there was a firmware problem when hooking-up more than one external drive on the FW bus - although there was an update downloadable from Maxtor, which I eventually managed to find. Maxtor's support wasn't very helpful. And I still had random errors on that drive. I still own a 250 GB One-touch from the previous generation (plastic casing). No problems there.

I can warmly recommend the Alu series from macway.com. That's what I bought to replace the Maxtor.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 17:46
- © MacMusic 1997-2008