MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need Advice On Children's Choir Recording
kwilinski
post Mon 5 Jun 2006, 11:17
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,207

I am making a CD for my son's choir to use as a fundraiser. We have received the mechanical rights for a dozen songs and I have recorded them live in a church. Now I am mixing and mastering.

I recorded using 4 large diaphram condenser mics through MOTU 896HD at 24 bit/96K. The mics were placed to have somewhat "separate" control over the different sections.

Since I am a newbie, I am interested in advice on various EQ, Compressor, Limiter, Reverb, etc... settings I might want to apply. I am using a G4 Dual 1.25 Power Mac with MOTU Digital Performer 5 and the stock plugins.

Any comments, ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. A stereo mixdown of the four tracks (each at equal volume) for one of the songs is at the following link:

http://idisk.mac.com/kwilinski-Public

I have not changed the raw recording tracks other than to convert to an MP3 file at 160 kpbs using LAME encoder.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PianoPercMan
post Thu 15 Jun 2006, 13:50
Post #2

Member No.: 80,609

Dear sir or ma'am:
I would not add ANYTHING! These files sound GREAT! It sounds like I am in the room. People will know you tried to do something fancy or contrived and most will not like it. A fundraiser is a fundraiser. Leave it alone.

Just my opinion.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

David C. Anderson

http://www.tunethatpiano.com

+Quote Post
2christo
post Fri 14 Jul 2006, 15:25
Post #3

Member No.: 31,985

As a professional engineer with a number of choral recordings to my credit, I want to echo the previous response to your question. These recordings sound great: very spacious, excellent ratio of direct to reflected sound. The only processing I would consider is an infrasonic roll-off.

Congratulations!

Christo

QUOTE (kwilinski @ Mon 5 Jun 2006, 10:17) *
I am making a CD for my son's choir to use as a fundraiser. We have received the mechanical rights for a dozen songs and I have recorded them live in a church. Now I am mixing and mastering.

I recorded using 4 large diaphram condenser mics through MOTU 896HD at 24 bit/96K. The mics were placed to have somewhat "separate" control over the different sections.

Since I am a newbie, I am interested in advice on various EQ, Compressor, Limiter, Reverb, etc... settings I might want to apply. I am using a G4 Dual 1.25 Power Mac with MOTU Digital Performer 5 and the stock plugins.

Any comments, ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. A stereo mixdown of the four tracks (each at equal volume) for one of the songs is at the following link:

http://idisk.mac.com/kwilinski-Public

I have not changed the raw recording tracks other than to convert to an MP3 file at 160 kpbs using LAME encoder.

Thanks in advance for your help.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 16 Apr 2024, 16:17
- © MacMusic 1997-2008