MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pro Tools LE does not launch on Vista, "installation and operation of protools le requires windows xp w
ricky050391
post Tue 6 Jan 2009, 23:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105,828

hello, i need help, im new to protools and i installed the protools le on my windows vista and the protools program will not open so i try to delete the program from my computer but it wouldnt delete it says "installation and operation of protools le requires windows xp with SP2" what can i do about this??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Wed 7 Jan 2009, 06:40
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

I suppose you need Service Pack 2....easy enough....go to Windows Update and download all pertinent Vista updates.. Uh...by the way....did you partition your Mac's HD to run WIndows on one half? Is there a reason why you feel like you need to run Vista on your Mac? I am thinking about doing it myelf....I have versions of CD Architect and Sound Forge that I would like to install rather than buy Bias Peak or somthing like that. Pro Tools is Mac Compatible and you may just want to run it as a Mac as it may run even better as a Mac app. If you are just using a PC then your help here will be limited. I also gotta say you really need to check your PT compatibility with your version of Vista. You need to go to Digidesign's website and make ABSOLUTELY sure that everything you are trying to install is copacetic with each other or you will have nothing but problems. Try this link and read very carefully. Don't take chances if your version of PT hasn't passed muster with the developers. Stuff like this is the reason that I am really not interested in Pro Tools...it's a good program but, it is VERY temperamental and I have a tough time keeping everything in order. Here is the link:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=...langid=100&

just choose your hardware version and you can go from there.

Good Luck!

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

This post has been edited by mortalengines: Wed 7 Jan 2009, 06:52

+Quote Post
kivi.hmf
post Thu 2 Apr 2009, 15:56
Post #3

Member No.: 107,618

I have pro tools 7,4 and win vista home premium sp1 and it won´t run. on digidesign web there is a note that this combination of software isn´t tested.. vista sp2 doesnt exist yet on microsoft web.

it pretty sux..

shame we didnt learn to work with open source like linux from the beginning of computers. windows forbid us every little shit and isnt user friendly - is only friend for account of microsoft. bilions of versions of vista and only i get for my money is error and ban to install aplications i want. goddamned how angry am i.

so if youre angry as i am, dont let microsoft to poison your happy day..

i hope they realise it and make windows7 more user friendly, not software which is like your girlfriends mother (talks only pieces of shit, and command like a black sergant).

so this is the end of this funny story.smile.gif

PROTOOLS 7,4 DOESNT RUN TOGETHER WITH VISTA HOME AND VISTA PREMIUM EDITION ETC ETC ETC

YOU NEED ONLY VISTA ULTIMATE EDITION OR VISTA BUSINESS... OR WIN XP PROFFESIONAL/HOME SP2, SP3

wink.gif live long and prosper

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 01:52
- © PcMusic 1997-2007