MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mouth Harp, Virtual Instrument
brownbag39
post Fri 19 Jun 2009, 00:32
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 109,270

Does anyone know of a mouth harp (Jew's harp, juice harp) virtual instrument I can use in Logic ?

Thanks from a newbie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tonester
post Sat 20 Jun 2009, 13:33
Post #2

Member No.: 109,043

Have you looked into MOTU's ethno instrument? And there is a library from EastWest Quantum Leap that has one, it's called Ethno World 4

Ethno World 4

QUOTE (tonester @ Sat 20 Jun 2009, 08:31) *
Have you looked into MOTU's ethno instrument? And there is a library from EastWest Quantum Leap that has one, it's called Ethno World 4

Ethno World 4

Here's a link to MOTU:
MOTU Ethno Instument

Not sure that there is a dedicated Jew's Harp Vitrual Instrument, but they are part of a collection

Hope this helps...

+Quote Post
brownbag39
post Sun 21 Jun 2009, 15:31
Post #3

Member No.: 109,270

QUOTE (tonester @ Sat 20 Jun 2009, 14:33) *

Ethno World 4

QUOTE (tonester @ Sat 20 Jun 2009, 08:31) *

Ethno World 4

Here's a link to MOTU:
MOTU Ethno Instument

Not sure that there is a dedicated Jew's Harp Vitrual Instrument, but they are part of a collection

Hope this helps...

Thanks There was one now I need to come up with the $500

+Quote Post
post Sun 28 Jun 2009, 11:22
Post #4

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE (brownbag39 @ Fri 19 Jun 2009, 00:32) *
Does anyone know of a mouth harp (Jew's harp, juice harp) virtual instrument I can use in Logic ?

Thanks from a newbie

If you don't find anything you like, I play two different Jews Harps (different tones).

Regards,

Ty Ford

+Quote Post
pjhk
post Fri 10 Jul 2009, 18:30
Post #5

Member No.: 82,653

Hi

In addition to the motu and ethno world offerings there are also jews harp samples in quantum leap RA. Quite good ones. ...But they're not cheap and as with all samples of these quirkier instruments there's always the issue of assembling something consonant with the music *you* are working on.

I'd get hold of a 'harp' and have a try myself before turning to libraries in this case. They're certainly fun to work with and can generate both very organic and abstract sounds. Try breathing in/out across it as you play. (That is, focus your mouth and really push/suck air.) Also try stuttering consonants, press your tongue towards the back of your lower jaw/teeth and go 'k-k-k-r-r-r-a-a'. Weird vocal tremolo'ed vocoder sounds.

I found some cheap samples here, have'nt heard them:

http://lesproductionszvon.com/Out_There.htm

good luck

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 23 Apr 2024, 07:09
- © MacMusic 1997-2008