MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't Play Back In Audiodesk W/out Motu Connected, project and media files on my drive but getting error mssg
andio
post Sun 30 Mar 2008, 02:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,946

I just got a Motu Ultralight to do multitrack recordings of my band. I've been recording to a GTech Firewire drive through my G4 Powerbook, no problems. I took my laptop and drive home to edit and mix and leave the wired up Ultralight in the studio. But when I try to playback in AudioDesk I get an error message that says I can't "play or record audio because the Motu audio system has been disabled".

i switched drivers in my Audio Midi setup so that they are internal. I tried to change the outputs on my individual tracks in AD to internal but the drop down is grayed out. I tried restarting the audio drivers under Setup. I also tried to Configure Audio System under Setup as well but that was grayed out.

I've got the media and project files. Why do I need the Motu interface for playback? What can I do?
Thanks
Paul
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
qusp74
post Sun 30 Mar 2008, 07:05
Post #2

Member No.: 92,865

paul,

having no experience with the ultralite I cant give you specific advice; but one question, Are you working in a high resolution/high bit depth audio format that the Ultralite will play but your mac's onboard is not capable off dealing with? Just a thought. wink.gif

--------------------
Jeremy Glover graphic designer and compositor extraordinair but a relative novice at audio
Mac G5 1.8DP 4gig ram .. RME Hammerfall DSP 9632 .. Behringer ADA8000 adat interface
• KRK ROKIT 6 and RP10S•Micro korg Synth/vocoder with RODE NT2-A
Logic pro 7 NI kontakt, battery FM8, Altiverb Arturia Moog modular minimoog arp2600.

+Quote Post
andio
post Sun 30 Mar 2008, 08:24
Post #3

QUOTE (qusp74 @ Sun 30 Mar 2008, 01:05) *
paul,

having no experience with the ultralite I cant give you specific advice; but one question, Are you working in a high resolution/high bit depth audio format that the Ultralite will play but your mac's onboard is not capable off dealing with? Just a thought. wink.gif

Hi Jeremy

44.1, 16 bit is all. Nothing too demanding.

Thanks
P

+Quote Post
qusp74
post Sun 30 Mar 2008, 14:12
Post #4

Member No.: 92,865

Hi Paul,

thats weird then blink.gif shouldn't be any problems there unless audiodesk needs a motu interface in order to run at all. as I said I dont have experience with audiodesk or the ultralite so i'll leave it for one of the other guys to answer. Perhaps post in DP corner; even though you are using logic with your ultralite they may have some answers for you. I'm assuming the separate audio tracks will import and play in logic? you have tried that haven't you? That may be the best way for you to approach, it sounds like a pain but if you drag or shift select all the separate aiff files in the finder and drag them into logic it should import them all at once and name the tracks accordingly automatically. You have probably already tried this though.

This post has been edited by qusp74: Sun 30 Mar 2008, 14:15

--------------------
Jeremy Glover graphic designer and compositor extraordinair but a relative novice at audio
Mac G5 1.8DP 4gig ram .. RME Hammerfall DSP 9632 .. Behringer ADA8000 adat interface
• KRK ROKIT 6 and RP10S•Micro korg Synth/vocoder with RODE NT2-A
Logic pro 7 NI kontakt, battery FM8, Altiverb Arturia Moog modular minimoog arp2600.

+Quote Post
andio
post Sun 30 Mar 2008, 16:50
Post #5

I don't have Logic so I can't try that. I'm going to call Motu tech support on Monday.

Thanks

QUOTE (qusp74 @ Sun 30 Mar 2008, 08:12) *
Hi Paul,

thats weird then blink.gif shouldn't be any problems there unless audiodesk needs a motu interface in order to run at all. as I said I dont have experience with audiodesk or the ultralite so i'll leave it for one of the other guys to answer. Perhaps post in DP corner; even though you are using logic with your ultralite they may have some answers for you. I'm assuming the separate audio tracks will import and play in logic? you have tried that haven't you? That may be the best way for you to approach, it sounds like a pain but if you drag or shift select all the separate aiff files in the finder and drag them into logic it should import them all at once and name the tracks accordingly automatically. You have probably already tried this though.

+Quote Post
rlainhart
post Sun 30 Mar 2008, 19:56
Post #6

Member No.: 13,568

AudioDesk will not output audio without a MOTU hardware interface attached to your system. It's a form of copy protection, I believe. Unfortunately, if you want to use it at home, you'll need an UltraLite or other compatible MOTU interface - built-in audio just won't work.

QUOTE (andio @ Sun 30 Mar 2008, 02:47) *
I just got a Motu Ultralight to do multitrack recordings of my band. I've been recording to a GTech Firewire drive through my G4 Powerbook, no problems. I took my laptop and drive home to edit and mix and leave the wired up Ultralight in the studio. But when I try to playback in AudioDesk I get an error message that says I can't "play or record audio because the Motu audio system has been disabled".

i switched drivers in my Audio Midi setup so that they are internal. I tried to change the outputs on my individual tracks in AD to internal but the drop down is grayed out. I tried restarting the audio drivers under Setup. I also tried to Configure Audio System under Setup as well but that was grayed out.

I've got the media and project files. Why do I need the Motu interface for playback? What can I do?
Thanks
Paul

+Quote Post
andio
post Sun 30 Mar 2008, 20:58
Post #7

Thanks for the feedback. Very retarded of MOTU. I'll call tech support to see if there's a work around.

QUOTE (rlainhart @ Sun 30 Mar 2008, 13:56) *
AudioDesk will not output audio without a MOTU hardware interface attached to your system. It's a form of copy protection, I believe. Unfortunately, if you want to use it at home, you'll need an UltraLite or other compatible MOTU interface - built-in audio just won't work.

QUOTE (andio @ Sun 30 Mar 2008, 02:47) *

Thanks
Paul

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 12:15
- © MacMusic 1997-2008