MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> G4 450 and cubase VST 5.0
post Tue 15 May 2001, 13:38
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

I've just bought a used Mac G4 with a 450 MP and 20GB Hard drive. I've also got cubase VST 5.0 and Logic. I'm completely new to making music, and wanted to know if my mac is going to be powerful/big enough for the job. Any advice on requirements and or the best plug-ins for beginners would be appreciated.

I'm a DJ, and want to start making my own tracks basically. I want to be able to connect my decks and minidisc and amp directly up to my mac and play samples/breaks/loops directly into the mac. This possible? Would I need any special equipment?

Cheers
ap
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
prutulz
post Sun 20 May 2001, 19:00
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 183

Your machine seems OK to work with VST but Cubase needs RAM (a lot), and 128Mo seems to be the minimum. (consider buying some)

To record your external audio into your mac, you can start to use the 3.5 jack input of your G4 (not available on the latest G4) but to get a better audio quality, you will certainly need to buy an audio card or an external USB/Firewire interface.

HTH

--------------------
Prutulz
RTFM... is usually not enough
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 8 Sep 2024, 21:08
- © MacMusic 1997-2008