MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Phantom Power On Tube Mic Not Working, is this repairable?
Seth Peterson
post Fri 4 May 2007, 23:05
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 62,759

I have two adk A-51 large condenser. One has dropped in signal level intensely. I noticed that when I turn on and off the phantom power on my focusrite pre amp it dosen't change sognal level, where as the other mic makes the whole powering up wind noise and has a much greater level. This makes me to believe that the phantom power is not working for this mic. I'm over warrenty and I'd like to at least salvage the mic. Any ideas for repair shops, websites, or even if this is possible or worth it. And yes I switch cables channels the whole trouble shooting.
thanks

--------------------
Mac Book Pro Intel 2 duo, 2.16 2gb ram, Cubase 4, Reason 3.5, Peak, motu 828mkII, OctoPre Le, some mics and Ideas, and your helpful tips.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
lepetitmartien
post Sat 5 May 2007, 18:47
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Maybe the tube is dead too?

Else a solder joint or a component died for sure.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 08:11
- © 440 Forums 2011