MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Minimoog Voyager, Access Virus Ti, Or Vsynth Xt?
mortalengines
post Mon 20 Nov 2006, 02:17
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,373

Hi, I am kind of starting to look at hardware synths now that I have started running into CPU issues using Ableton Live & Reaktor & other plugs. I figure that I could use a Live Synth & Ableton has a much easier time with the more audio/midi loops you run (as opposed to VSTs). If I was gonna go for hardware, one of the 3 above would be my choice. It seems like each has its own niche & I am kind of gravitating toward the Moog since...well....it's a Moog but, it is still just a monophonic synth when you get right down to it. Access virus seems to have a pretty nice synth & I understand it will operate as a multi-track synth/ VST plug in as well (with all of the processing going on in the hardware, but I don't know if the "sound" will still be as cool 5 to 10 years down the road. Same for the V-synth, in addition to it being of limited polyphony & not really offering any multichannel support (but very unque in sound) & I am not really even sure if Roland is going to put out a better version soon (it's already discontinued the original V-synth). Any input/experiences from people who operate in both the hardware & software worlds? Would it maybe just be better to buy a Macbook Pro (I am using a G4 powerbook right now)?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 16:01
- © 440 Forums 2011