MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pro-tools Errors, FF Audio Property
Mark Tucker
post Wed 23 Mar 2005, 13:01
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,558

Hi All

Emergency question for anyone running Pro-Tools. On performing a bounce disk I am occasionaly getting the following error.

Assertion in "FF_AudioProperty.cpp", line 33

Any ideas? I have looked on the digidesign website but they have nothing that relates to bounce to disk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mac OS X 3.2
Pro-Tools 6.4
Dual processor 1.25 GHz G4

MT.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
td3k
post Wed 23 Mar 2005, 21:57
Post #2

Member No.: 16,354

I found two references to your "FF_AudioProperty.cpp" as follows...

From the Digi Answerbase:

"Could not complete the Open Session... (or "Import Tracks...") command because: An assertion occurred in FF_AudioProperty.cpp, line 32.

This is caused by corrupted fade files. Trashing the Fade Files folder and letting Pro Tools rebuild them typically solves the problem."

""Could not save because: an assertion occurred in "FF_AudioProperty.cpp", line 33 when attempting to save a session.

In one case, removing unused regions from the session allowed it to be saved and closed.
"
Also this:
"I had recently been having problems bouncing my mixes to disc. I kept getting the error "FF_AudioProperty.cpp", line 33 Error and finally searched the Digidesign Database for a solution. The following ended the problem immediately and it has not returned.

The DAE playback buffer should only be set to numbers higher than 2 when you are experiencing problems with drive speed or edit density. If you are not having these problems you should leave your playback buffer at the default setting of 2 unless you are getting 9073 or other errors that refer to your drive being to slow. If you are on a properly configured supported drive and are receiving these errors and encounter a session that won't bounce when you try a higher DAE playback buffer setting try duplicating the play lists in your session and consolidating the audio on your tracks."

Hope these help,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mark Tucker
post Wed 23 Mar 2005, 23:26
Post #3

Member No.: 60,558

Thank you very much for that. I had seen the first two answers but not the last one. I will give it a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Rgds

MT

+Quote Post
nicobos
post Tue 21 Jun 2005, 18:49
Post #4

Member No.: 67,048

Hi all,

I also had "FF_AudioProperty.cpp", line 33 while bouncing to disk. Changing the DAE playback buffer to 2 (Default) solved my problem. Thanks!

Regards,

Nico

+Quote Post
madams
post Sat 26 Aug 2006, 17:58
Post #5

Member No.: 82,658

Praise the lord for google and people who answer our questions! Had the same problem and the DAE buffer solution fixed it instantly. Thanks!

+Quote Post
bertfrig
post Sun 29 Apr 2007, 21:00
Post #6

Member No.: 81,633

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
And it works for me too smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Thanks !!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Heftel Studios
post Sun 29 Mar 2009, 09:13
Post #7

Member No.: 107,513

I had the same problem with FFAudioProperty line 33 and Googling for it led me to this forum. Thank you so much!! You've saved the day, and saved me from pulling out my hair.

--------------------

Utah Recording Studio
Kawika Heftel
"Life without music is a journey through the desert."

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 00:50
- © MacMusic 1997-2008