MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Burning 100% Reliable Computer Cd's, Burning 100% Reliable Computer CD's
blackassdave
post Thu 29 Dec 2005, 21:36
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,274

This may seem silly, but is there anyway to burn 100% Reliable Computer CD's that will play on anyone's car or CD player? I've been doing this for 7 years or more with no 100% reliability. I've been told that 2x speed and TDK media are the best, but I still can't play anything reliably on my Honda CD player. I have NEVER had a problem with a commercially made CD on any CD player, car or home stereo. I know that it's a completely different process than a computer burn, SO...anybody out there know of a 100% fool-proof method or software for my Mac to ensure success? (I have and use Toast lite, toast titanium, JAM and itunes). Thanks, David
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
_amusic_
post Fri 30 Dec 2005, 09:03
Post #2

Visitors

There is really no "fool proof" way in which to burn CD's. This is due to the difference in the quality of the CD player you will be using the burned CD in. Word to the wise: CD players lasers die after 6+ years, (don't quote me)- and depending on how much they are used... Now it is actually harder for a CD player to read a burned CD than a pressed CD... thus before the CD player bytes the proverbial word, [pun intended]- it will stop playing burned CD's long before it stops playing pressed CD's.

Other than that there is no real difference with 2-4x speed- personally I use 8x- but you can use 24x if you are feeling lucky...

As for software- try Bias Peak Pro- http://www.bias-inc.com/
This software is pricy- but its features are wide and kewl...

Logic Pro includes a CD burning app called Waveburner, it had a shakey release- (i.e. version 1.0 had issues), but now that is in the past.

Also realise that when CD burning companyies burn production CD's in low volumes, (<5000)- about 5% is lost in bad CD's. It is one of those things thats not an exact science...

The only way you can minimise the problems is to use a newish machine to burn with, (older drives give more problems) and use good media, and try not to go too slow, with better drives slower speads can actually cause more problems! (Don't quote me)

At the end of the day there are ALLOT of CD players that SHOULD NOT STILL BE ALLOWED TO LIVE- so next christmas don't buy an iPod for a friend- buy a nice new CD player!

(and keep the iPod)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 15:13
- © MacMusic 1997-2008