MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Organizing Exs Library Outside Of Logic...?, advice on storage and access of sample
Derok
post Thu 23 Jun 2005, 18:20
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,131

Hello,

I am a Logic Pro 7 user. My computer is a g4 powerbook (500mhz) w/ a 20 gig hardrive. Since Apple was generous enough to give L7 users the "xtreme analog" exs sample library, these samples plus my own collection of sounds have taken up a lot of my (limited) hard drive space. I have a 40 gig firewire drive that I store files on as well. My question to the mac users...is there any convenient way to store your extensive sample libraries on an external drive and quickly access them for use in the exs24 without having them on the native hardrive (and necessary folders) of the Logic 7 program all the time? Right now, my sample library sits in the "Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments" folders on the internal drive. I would really appreciate any tips or advice for organizing and handling my sounds when I need them so I can have more internal hard drive space.

Thanks,

d.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ourmanflinty
post Fri 24 Jun 2005, 10:04
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,982

You can move the 'exs samples' anywhere you like, you should leave the instruments folder where it is, Logic will do a search for the samples it needs when you open the instruments, if it finds multiple copies it gives you the choice of which to load...

--------------------
Simon Flinn
Install & Support Eng, Maintenance, Analog & Digi Electronics
Dist/Dlr background, Fast & Friendly, London & SE Based.
freelance studio support click here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 28 Oct 2024, 15:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008