MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gearbox Gold
offtheroad
post Mon 20 Oct 2008, 12:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 80,376

At Sweetwater.com they have the Gearbox Gold for $100.00 but it's discontinued. The Silver is not. Will it be a problem with OS upgrades with my Mac. It is compatible with the latest Mac OS at this time,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Mon 20 Oct 2008, 18:10
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

as far as we know (take this with a lot of caution) anything that runs on Leopard should run on snow leopard the next major version of OS X. Now, mind that snow leopard will be Intel only, so the OS issue won't be if you use a G4 or G5 computer.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Tue 21 Oct 2008, 04:56
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

I understand the silver bundle is only a few less models of amps and other modules. It is just as compatible as the gold. It does work with the current version of Leopard.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

+Quote Post
offtheroad
post Tue 21 Oct 2008, 13:29
Post #4

QUOTE (mortalengines @ Mon 20 Oct 2008, 21:56) *
I understand the silver bundle is only a few less models of amps and other modules. It is just as compatible as the gold. It does work with the current version of Leopard.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

Thanks for the reply. So your advice is buy the Silver?

+Quote Post
offtheroad
post Wed 22 Oct 2008, 05:19
Post #5

Thanks for your reply. Is there any other's I should check out? I have an old 50w per ch Denon tuner receiver pluged into my Mac with some custom mad speakers that I hope to be able to monitor my guitar thru. There not the kind of speakers for computer but high end listen. I have an old Fender Jazzmaster and a new Fender Chorus amp. Much more than I need for in house work.

This post has been edited by lepetitmartien: Wed 22 Oct 2008, 10:15
Reason for edit: Please: for email we provide a secure link, don't give away your email to spammers!

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Wed 22 Oct 2008, 06:49
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

Sure...it is a great little setup.....I would hope that it has the LA-2A compressor emulation and the Neve 1073 EQ model as well. Using both of those with my acoustic guitar (with pickup) sounds just killer. Even if you move on to trying other ways to record guitar (like with a regular amp and a microphone), you can still use it to mess up drum loops and synths and stuff. The effects models (like the tape delay) are real nice.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 20:45
- © 440 Forums 2011