MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M Box Users
abcdaniel
post Mon 7 Jun 2004, 18:42
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,159

I AgRee MrDee. Thank´s digi, but come on digi! Put the damn pro back in Pro Tools. Why not? People will stop buying digi consumer devices, if they limit our creativity. And the consumer level is where it´s at: The bedroom producers are already doing the nicest things, their nice things will eventually bring money, and that money won´t be spent on digi pro hardware either.

I´d love to run Pro Tools on par with other apps, using digi hardware. Why not?I like Pro Tools, i like mbox, but I also like many other apps and boxes. Bring the latency down, digi! 512?!? Digi, you are losing out on massive love, even though your love index has risen this last week.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
majn
post Tue 8 Jun 2004, 07:58
Post #22

Rookie

Member No.: 36,665

Yeah.

I'm using a G4 emac running ProTools and Logic Pro - with an MBox.

I also have a G4 just running Logic Pro - with a Hammerfall.

T the moment the latency on the MBox makes the system unworkable - on either Pro Tools or Logic.

Thinking of ditching Pro Tools and selling the MBox and getting a decent audio interface.

The only reason I stick with the ProTools system is because so many people bring me stuff that other people have recorded on ProTools - and want to work on them. And the first thing I have to do us convert this to Logic - for which I need Pro Tools to check out all the tempo settings, time stamps etc.

I know so many people who swear by ProTools - but - to be honest - give me Logic Pro any day.

It's about time Digi brought in a firewire interface to replace the MBox! Hopefully before I find myself shopping again.

M

--------------------
Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5 / 2 x 19" Formac Monitors / Hammerfall Digi 9652 / Mackie d8b / 2.5 gig RAM

iMac G5 1.8 17" / M-Audio 1814 Firewire / Tascam TM-D1000 / 2 gig RAM

Lacie Firewire Drives

Logic Pro 7 / NI Battery - Guitar Rig - B4 / GMedia MTron / Crystal / LinPlug RMIV / OSX 10.3.6

+Quote Post
Jimmy Kansau
post Tue 27 Jan 2009, 18:04
Post #23

Member No.: 100,207

Hello! I've had problems with kernels on my MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Intel, 4GB Ram and the MBox 2. Every time the computer needs to be restarted it crashes because of a kernel caused by the MBox. I keep sending reports to apple but nothing has been suggested. Has anyone found a possible solution for this and, what are the consequences of frequent crashes?
Also, sometimes the sound stops coming out of the monitor or headphones even when signals are indicating sound production every time I use a virtual instrument such Sonic Synth 2. It seems like every time I load a preset it stops working. I have to quit pro-tools when this happens and it fixes the problem. Is there a better way around this, is there something I should be looking for in the set up? Please help!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! sad.gif

Jimmy

+Quote Post
Cdunn007
post Wed 28 Jan 2009, 17:16
Post #24

Member No.: 97,860

Jimmy, I wish I had an answer, I have similar problems with a new MacBook Pro and my Mbox2. I can't even get sound into my Mac from the Mbox2 at all. And it also echoes music and desktop sounds all the time until I reboot or unplug the MBox2. I was trying to use Logic Pro to record instead but it doesn’t work either with my MBox2 it sees in preferences but again no sound. I have had it with DigiDesign. It took a year to finally do the update so it could run on the latest Mac OS and I still cant get it to work. Ugh. I may sell it and get another mid priced Pre-Amp. I tried calling them but didn’t get through and the web site is just a mess of information. I'll let you know what I find and hopefully someone more brilliant on this site can help. Blessings. Chris'

+Quote Post
Jimmy Kansau
post Wed 28 Jan 2009, 18:48
Post #25

Chris, what a DRAG! I went through the exact same problem! I had to wait for the updates and such, even upgraded to pro-tools 8 (more money), it still will not work! angry.gif Well, hopefully, like you said, someone will reply with a positive solution! Blessings to you too! JK

+Quote Post
BOsborne04
post Sun 3 May 2009, 01:56
Post #26

Member No.: 108,333

I have had this exact same problem. I'm running an Intel iMac (Core Duo 2GHz, 2GB RAM) with an MBox2 Mini, and since I started using the MBox, I've had kernel panics and application crashed up the wazoo. Like many people, I thought the problem was with a number of other elements in my system. It was only after I tested and re-installed nearly everything else that I discovered that it was my MBox that was causing the problems all along. I found this thread on Digi's forum:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=194592

Apparently this problem goes back over 2 years. It's a mystery as to whether it's Apple's or Digi's responsibility to fix, and neither company is speaking up about the issue. I actually joined MacMusic in the hopes of finding something in these forums about a possible fix. It seems like our only course of action is to just wait until "they" fix the problem.

--=Bryan

+Quote Post
Jimmy Kansau
post Sun 3 May 2009, 05:23
Post #27

Thank you Brian for the link! How annoying is this? angry.gif I noticed recently that the problem happens when the computer goes to sleep and wakes up. After that, if you have to restart or shut down your computer the crash happens. I tried unplugging the Mbox after I'm done with work before the computer goes to sleep and it seems to take care of the problem. Let me know if you notice anything different. Bye!

Jimmy

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 09:38
- © MacMusic 1997-2008