MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Software, software for my mac and pc
rwarwa
post Thu 27 Jan 2005, 06:05
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 57,958

Hi there, I have powerbook and a pc desk top. I want a software program I can install on both so I can work on the some project on either one. WHich ones will do that? Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
post Thu 27 Jan 2005, 14:35
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,003

Ron,
I am not aware of any programs that will do this... yet. There are currently prodjects under way, and even a format called OMFI (Open Media Format Interchange). I believe folks at Cakewalk (PC DAW), and possibly folks at Metro (Mac DAW) are among some of the first to really go for this sort of thing... but that's just rumor as of yet. There is the possibility that some other folks around here may know more.. please be patiant.

You should be aware that any audio files saved as AIFF or Wave should be interchangable... but a bit of a pain.

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Fri 28 Jan 2005, 00:23
Post #3

Maniac Member

Member No.: 2,002

the cross-platform DAWs are Live from ableton. Traction from Mackie, SX,SL,SE from Steinberg, and Pro Tools LE from Digidesign.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
Fixed1t
post Tue 1 Feb 2005, 13:55
Post #4

Member No.: 57,749

Hi,
I worked with a keyboard player who was PC based and so I bought a copy of logic big box 6 {and a pc} {its still available for a brief time} and installed it on the mac and pc we could then swap logic files. One thing we had to do though was make sure we were working with the same sound modules otherwise you'd spend an evening getting the same sort of sound out of another module, then he'd have to do the same.

Hope this helps

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 06:51
- © MacMusic 1997-2008