MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Intel Compatible Hardware / Software / Drivers, Let's make a list !
Platypoose
post Sat 11 Feb 2006, 03:59
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,444

No doubt, man. I just find it obnoxious that a major company such as M-Audio doesn't have the intelligence to consider developing for a new product that a lot of their customer base would likely purchase...Idiots. angry.gif

In other news though, I did order that nice Edirol PCR-M80 - I know THAT will work with my new Mac
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Sun 12 Feb 2006, 03:03
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

I personally wouldn't even think about buying a MacIntel for about a year... the current offering of G4 powerbooks & G5s will do just fine & are already compatible with most of what's out there. Funny thing about the computer world: "Never be the first kid on the block with THE NEW TOY" would be a good motto.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 12 Feb 2006, 09:57
Post #13

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

It'll settle down in the next month, including the issues occurring in the actual macintel. wink.gif Always think that the transition in the Audio/MIDI world of macs will take longer than for the iPhoto users wink.gif

M-audio as the others is facing the same old problem: usually they can't be sure their drivers work for a new PPC computer, so the drivers are tested and if there's problem they correct the drivers and it takes at least a few weeks. This time, it's not minor/major changes in the OS or the hardware platform, it's radical changes and they have to work from the ground on it. Also, to be sure it works, even if they used the development platform issued by Apple in june, they need to test thoroughly with the real thing (iMac intel and macbook) so they do work and it'll come. They simply won't talk a lot until they have an idea of when it's going to be released if they encounter problems

Anyway it's better to stay away from macintels first if you have some real commercial job to do for the time being, or if you're not sure your favorite products are available on the new platform. wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
motieu
post Tue 7 Mar 2006, 20:44
Post #14

Member No.: 54,407

Echo Audiofire 8 & 12 are natively compatible with Intel Mac as they are using Mac os X Firewire driver.

extract from e-mail :

"Your AudioFire is already compatible with the macbook pro. The AudioFire uses Apple's built in firewire driver, so every time you update OS X you're actually updating the driver. We haven't had a chance to fully test the AudioFire's performance on an Intel Mac yet, but we have heard that it does work well. We are interested to hear about your experience with the macbook pro and AudioFire8 once you get it."

Same for M-Audio USB midi keyboards.

+Quote Post
Uncle Kvetch
post Tue 7 Mar 2006, 20:55
Post #15

Member No.: 72,417

For the record, both my M-Audio Keystation 61 keyboard and my Firebox have worked with the new iMac without a hitch. smile.gif

+Quote Post
jimmynitcher
post Fri 10 Mar 2006, 19:44
Post #16

Group: Validating
Member No.: 5,004

Arturia say 'before summer' - what a bummer

j

--------------------
Macbook Pro 2 ghz/15"/10.3.4/1 g RAM/x2 monitors/Logic Pro 7.2/Ableton Live 5.0/Reason 3/Fireface 800/PSP Vintage Warmer/Roland JD800/Roland SH101/Arturia Moog Modular/Epiphone Firebird 7/Guitar Rig/Dynaudio BM5a monitors.

+Quote Post
firesoflife
post Thu 10 Aug 2006, 15:13
Post #17

Member No.: 82,213

Wow. is this thread dead or what? I thought people would still be concerned with who is releasing what for our intel macs seeing as no new macs are shipping ppc. So, am I lost? Is there a new thread that we're all discussing new intel and binary vst and au ?

specifically i was wondering if anyones found a good bass or acoustic piano instrument that i can plug in. And, what the heck is going on with NI? There was so much talk of them to be releasing their intel mac stuff beginning quarter 3.... so where are we at?
Cheers. oh, and if there is a new thread discussing this stuff, i guess i'm blind. could you direct me there? Thanks

+Quote Post
jiveunit
post Tue 17 Oct 2006, 05:43
Post #18

Member No.: 84,283

TASCAM US-122

Looks like the driver aint any good with the Intel chip yet. I am having problems with audio recording and playback. Worked fine for a month and then got a kernal panic.

+Quote Post
Will2009
post Fri 5 Dec 2008, 04:00
Post #19

Member No.: 105,177

hello, that's weird, because I am running US-122 with absolutely no problems, I did have to go to Tascam to download the Universal Binary drivers, and that was it...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 10:51
- © MacMusic 1997-2008