MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Intel Compatible Hardware / Software / Drivers, Let's make a list !
motieu
post Sun 29 Jan 2006, 10:49
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,407

Hello

As many i'm interested in buying an Intel Mac, but i couldn't find any list of compatible hardware / software & drivers available or announced

Why not trying to make such a list ? if it gets long enough maybe the moderators could stick it to the top of the forum...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
motieu
post Sun 29 Jan 2006, 11:01
Post #2

Member No.: 54,407

here i begin

LOGIC PRO

Logic Pro 7.2 is set to be released in february 2006 in Universal Binarie

http://www.apple.com/logicpro/crossgrade.html

M-AUDIO

"At the commencement of NAMM, M-Audio posted beta drivers for the entire FireWire-compatible family of products, including FireWire 410, FireWire 1814 and the new ProjectMix I/O. Beta drivers for the Fast Track USB and Fast Track Pro have also been posted to www.m-audio.com. The M-Audio engineering team is actively working on Intel-based Mac support for the remainder of the company’s USB interfaces. "

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=media.new&ID=644

MOTU

"We plan to release Intel Mac compatible drivers for all of our FireWire and USB audio and MIDI interfaces by January 31st. "

http://www.motu.com/newsitems/atnewsitem.2...1-10.6806188708

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS

Product: Scheduled compatibility:
GUITAR RIG 2nd Quarter 2006
GUITAR COMBOS 2nd Quarter 2006
TRAKTOR DJ Studio 2nd Quarter 2006
KONTAKT 2nd Quarter 2006
ABSYNTH 2nd Quarter 2006
FM7 2nd Quarter 2006
REAKTOR 2nd Quarter 2006
BANDSTAND End of 2nd Quarter 2006
AKOUSTIK PIANO End of 2nd Quarter 2006
B4 End of 2nd Quarter 2006
PRO-53 3rd Quarter 2006
BATTERY End of 3rd Quarter 2006
VOKATOR Until the end of 2006
NI-SPEKTRAL DELAY Until the end of 2006

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?...?id=intelmac_us

ECHO AUDIO

i've sent an e-mail a 8 days ago, still no answer ...

ALTIVERB

At Audio Ease we are working on support in Altiverb for TDM, Windows, Pro Tools 7, Mac Intel and several new features.

This will all lead up to Altiverb 6. We are not ready yet to disclose its final feature set or pricing scheme, but we need to respond to your upgrade questions.

http://www.audioease.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaB...?num=1131635179

------

i have a M-Audio O2 usb midi keyboard and i'm interested to know if it works on Intel Mac (without rosetta)

please add more !

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Mon 30 Jan 2006, 01:48
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

It's pinned, but it doubles with the macintel series in the news wink.gif

Anyway, if it can help people who overlook the rest of the site wink.gif the better!

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
woutje
post Thu 2 Feb 2006, 18:14
Post #4

Member No.: 76,241

I'm thinking about buying a midi keyboard for use with GarageBand on my new iMac (Intel CPU). Since most of these keyboards are USB, I don't know if they'll work. I suppose they'll need drivers, but I can't find anything on this subject. Does anybody know anything about this?

+Quote Post
BassMule
post Fri 10 Feb 2006, 00:11
Post #5

Member No.: 76,603

I'm waiting to hear back on the M-Audio Fast Track USB, also on the PreSonus INSPIRE 1394 Firewire Audio Interface. I'll post when I get a response...

+Quote Post
BassMule
post Fri 10 Feb 2006, 15:05
Post #6

Prosonus was first to respond:

Hello,

The new Intel Mac's have a proprietary OSX that does not fully support our
products yet.

They will, but I have no ETA.

Check our website from time to time for future posts and available
downloads.

Butch Richard
Interface Technical Support

PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc.

+Quote Post
Platypoose
post Fri 10 Feb 2006, 16:23
Post #7

Member No.: 76,444

For MIDI controllers, I see that the Edirol PCR-Mxx line has drivers that are compatible with the new Intel Macs. In fact, I'm looking at buying one this weekend if all goes well =)

I am a little bit frustrated with M-Audio. I currently own an Ozone, as well as wanted to buy the M-Powered Pro Tools. However, BOTH are incompatible with the Mac Intel chips. And to add insult to injury, when I contacted tech support about issues with the driver, they informed me that they are working on it but that due to "confidentiality reasons" they couldn't give me a timeframe of when such a driver would be available!

And if THAT wasn't bad enough, I see that they have a compatibility notice saying that M-Powered Pro Tools will not run on the Intel chips as of yet, and that they have not set a date when they anticipate a release.

What a nice response, eh? Basically a public relations way of telling us all to go F ourselves...And by that, I do mean "find" biggrin.gif I find that to be really obnoxious - I have a Mac specifically for music production/creation - and if my preferred company (M-Audio) seems to not care so much about getting their stuff to work with new gear, why should I support their efforts in the future? That Edirol is looking better and better.........!

+Quote Post
monkeyboy23
post Fri 10 Feb 2006, 17:10
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Team
Member No.: 74,134

"I find that to be really obnoxious - I have a Mac specifically for music production/creation - and if my preferred company (M-Audio) seems to not care so much about getting their stuff to work with new gear, why should I support their efforts in the future? That Edirol is looking better and better.........!"

It's a whole new platform and it's been out a few weeks. Unrealistic of you to expect instant support from every developer. One reason for delays is that hardly anyone has the new macs, so why bust ass to release updates?

Early adopters get what they deserve. If you can't resist the shiny shiny new thing, you're going to have troubles. It's always been that way and it always will.

+Quote Post
BassMule
post Sat 11 Feb 2006, 00:13
Post #9

M-Audio Firewire Solo has a beta driver available for the iMAC. This is good news.

+Quote Post
Uncle Kvetch
post Sat 11 Feb 2006, 01:02
Post #10

Member No.: 72,417

[QUOTE=BassMule,Feb 10 2006, 14:05]Prosonus was first to respond:
The new Intel Mac's have a proprietary OSX that does not fully support our
products yet.
They will, but I have no ETA.
[QUOTE]

Does this mean that the Firebox I just bought last weekend isn't going to work with the Intel Core iMac I was planning to buy this weekend...at least not until some unforeseeable date in the future?

Please say no... angry.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 13:53
- © MacMusic 1997-2008