MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dumb Question, about pro tools le (and mac)
user887
post Mon 17 Aug 2009, 20:41
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 110,093

why does the version of pro tools that comes with the M-Box require plug-ins that are not bought at the time of purchase?

I cannot start my Pro Tools/M-Box set up without going through a series of windows that tell me I don't have things (that I never thought I wanted to buy anyway). I got the thing so I could do some decent home recordings... not become a producer.

This post has been edited by user887: Mon 17 Aug 2009, 20:42
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jim Hoyland
post Wed 19 Aug 2009, 08:22
Post #2

Member No.: 81,499

First you should check that you haven't failed to authorise things you have actually bought. The use of third party plug-ins and limited versions of other add-on software means that installing PT can be a bit labyrinthine. Make sure you've checked all the postcard sized documents that come with the ProTools installer as these detail activation codes and / or procedures for additional items.

If you have installed plug-ins that don't come with licences (the MP3 export option and the DV Toolkit are likely offenders here), look in Library > Application Support > Digidesign > Plug Ins and move any likely candidates to an Unused Plug Ins folder. Once you've shifted the correct items, you should lose the challenge screens that appear on launching PT.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios

+Quote Post
rynn
post Wed 19 Aug 2009, 08:22
Post #3

Member No.: 81,603

QUOTE (user887 @ Mon 17 Aug 2009, 22:41) *
why does the version of pro tools that comes with the M-Box require plug-ins that are not bought at the time of purchase?

I cannot start my Pro Tools/M-Box set up without going through a series of windows that tell me I don't have things (that I never thought I wanted to buy anyway). I got the thing so I could do some decent home recordings... not become a producer.

did you make all the authorizations?
if you did, the computers configuration have been modified?
protools needs reauthorization if the computer configuration have been changed (like another HDD, RAM, or PCI card)

+Quote Post
post Thu 20 Aug 2009, 15:24
Post #4

Group:
Member No.: 0

Not dumb.

Perhaps you clicked on them for a trial period and the trial period has expired.

Ty Ford

+Quote Post
artofmixing
post Sun 23 Aug 2009, 09:11
Post #5

Member No.: 107,571

I understand your frustration - authorization can be tedious at the best of times with Pro Tools. The following link should help you get more info on plugin authorization etc:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=3&itemid=27022

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 12:18
- © MacMusic 1997-2008